View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-09-2015, 04:42 PM

She heard steps approaching and guessed by their weight and pace that it had to be Kevlar or one of the guards, although she was more inclined to believe it was the knight. After all, she had listened to his steps for nearly a week now. So, Mae had a time to pull herself together, conceal her feelings. She greeted him with nod of head and smile, inquiring if he, too, wanted a bit of fresh air.

Not that her mask seemed to work on the human; he got right to the point, making her smile stiffen a little, but she didn't shake off his hand from her shoulder, secretly surprised she didn't mind this casual touch as she usually did. Had she really come to trust this man more than most in her even temple, to think he was closer to her than those she knew for decades?

"They certainly have and no matter what, even more changes are coming," Lacrimae agreed, her tone having a grim note in it. Kevlar had hit uncomfortably close to home with this observation. Changes seemed to be the key word on everyone's lips tonight, this week... But not without a reason. Still, she couldn't very well tell the knight that the mage had purposed an union of marriage to ensure his own position of power and also very likely helping countless defenseless lives. He would advise her against it, tell her to follow her heart, but what if she didn't knew what her heart wanted? After all, her heart had been overpowered by her mind so long that she had a hard time telling the two voices apart now.

"It is nothing, really," the woman told him, bearing her conclusions in mind, but seconds later, soft sigh passed through her lips. "Or rather, it should be nothing." Leaning against the railing slightly and turning to face the human, Mae smilled a bittersweet smile. "Today I received message that my guard captain's wife gave birth to small, but healthy daughter two days ago."

"At sunrise, they will be presenting her to the Sun and naming her Amber, after the Tears that Goddess of Sun cried at the Dawn of Isle after the War. The earth and then trees became embedded with them, and after a while they became the gem we know. Or so the legend goes, anyway," she smiled slightly, as if indicating she didn't entirely believe the mythical explanation, before continuing. "It is a name that will symbolize hope, purity and power. And I wish I was there, performing the ceremony," she confessed. "Not because I imagine myself more skilled or blessed as a priestess, but merely because I selfishly wish to share this moment of happiness with my friends." Woman swallowed down a clump stuck in her throat for some reason. It somehow felt like the emotions in her voice were pouring out about so much more than this subject alone, although it too had her pointlessly upset.

"But I will see her grow up, have children and even grandchildren of her own, if Gods be willing. While time will stand still for me for centuries, it will turn those I hold dear into dust. And perhaps in near future, the Isle will not be spared anymore either." Closing eyes for moment, she let out a deep breath, but even when she opened them, the sadness she had tried to release was still in the blue pools of her orbs. But she smiled at him apologetically then.

"I am sorry for this rant. Those are minor things that should not upset me, really. Thank you for listening... You are not a bad friend, not at all. And know that if you ever need someone to listen, I am always willing." She honestly meant it, ready to take on troubles of Kev as she did with anyone, but even more so with friends.

Last edited by sadrain; 10-09-2015 at 04:45 PM..