View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-08-2015, 08:38 PM

Time for a mega update...

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I slept surprisingly pretty well, I guess since I was so tired. I woke up with a stomach ache though, probably from the spicy buffalo wing I tried while we were at Applebees. I went with my dad to get the dog’s hair cut and came back home. I found out that a TV show I love but never get to watch was having a marathon so I started watching it but I was tired and still not feeling well so I ended up taking a nap while my dad went uptown to get groceries. After I woke up we had to start getting food around for dinner. We had a family friend over to visit which was a ton of fun and dinner was delicious! We had chicken kabobs and corn on the cob on the grill as well as white and purple salt potatoes and brownie a la mode with homemade hot fudge for dessert.

After our guest left, my sister and I did impressions of the dog’s paw and then went upstairs to finish watching Star Wars Episode III and then headed to bed.

• • •

I guess I don’t really have any specific summer goals to be honest. It would be nice to get to the beach at least once before the end but that’s about all I have in mind really…

Thursday, July 2, 2015

I slept pretty well again. I woke up still feeling a bit bleh but at least a bit better. I went to go get my hair colored. I bleached the ends in an ombre effect which is really cool! I’ll have to remember to post a picture…

After that I went home and made a casserole for lunch with my dad then it was time for my mom to come pick me up. We headed to the optometrist for my eye appointment. My prescription changed slightly so I decided to get a new pair of glasses. They’re pretty cool! I’ll have to remember to post a picture of those as well…

Surprisingly they actually had the glass in stock to do my glasses right away (they usually don’t) so we went shopping at Tops and one of my old coworkers was there! It was so great to talk to her. I wasn’t expecting to see her ever again since she had transferred out somewhere else but I guess she ended up coming back. We ate dinner at Pizza Hut and then went back to pick up my glasses before heading home. I made a fort with my little sister and we watched TV until bed time.

• • •

I’m not a huge fan of the alien tropes, LOL!

Friday, July 3, 2015

I actually slept surprisingly well last night! I was expecting my sister to come wake me up but I actually managed to sleep in a bit. My mom dropped my sister off at my aunt’s because she had an appointment to get the car looked at and I wanted to sort through the things I had stored in the closet.

I sorted through my stuff pretty much all afternoon. I managed to get rid of at least half of it so my mom can have some more storage space. Little by little I’m letting go of my old stuff. Mostly all I have left now is my art stuff and ceramics as well as a few keepsakes and books.

When my mom got home we worked on getting stuff ready for my sister’s birthday party. Once everything was done I played frisbee with my cousins for a while. We ordered Chinese food for dinner and then I worked on a bit of sewing until bedtime.

• • •

Yucky! I don’t like deviled eggs… I actually didn’t eat eggs at all until college. Now I love them but I’m still not a huge fan of hardboiled or other sorts of cold eggs. >.<

Saturday, July 4, 2015

This morning I helped my mom work on my sister’s birthday cake. We did this fancy castle thing. She layed out the cakes and I helped with the decorating. It was fun! *note to self to add a picture*

Later the family came over to have a cook out and then we left to go get a spot for the fireworks in the evening. I read through some of my old notebooks until it got dark and then soon after the fireworks started. They weren’t as good as previous years because there wasn’t a lot of funding but it was still nice to see some fireworks. The show lasted about a half hour and then we headed home.

• • •

I actually love fireworks! I’m pretty depressed that I missed the NYC fireworks yet another year in a row. My first year in NYC they didn’t do them on the East River then last year I was in Paris and this year I was visiting my family so yeah… Hopefully next year though!

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Today was a pretty busy day. We went to church in the morning and then ran home to finish up preparations for my sister’s birthday party. We did a whirlwind of decorating and then the guests showed up. Not a whole lot of kids came but everyone seemed to have fun which was good. I got to talk to an old family friend that I hadn’t seen in ages so that was pretty fun.

Later on I cleared my old ceramic city out of the closet and planted it in the garden. I’ll have to post a pic if I can remember. It looks much better out there than stuck away in storage!

In the evening one of my best friends came to visit and we had a bonfire. I had a bit of trouble getting it light because there was a lot of dew out but it was nice once it got going. We made s'mores and talked late into the night.

• • •

Picnics are fun! I don’t really have what I would call a real picnic often anymore, I usually just take my lunch to the park once in a while, but it would be fun to do a real traditional picnic sometime with friends. ^_^

Monday, July 6, 2015

Today was the last day of my vacation. I woke up early to see my little sister off on the summer school school bus then I did my packing. I was pretty tired when I got done so I took a short nap and then it was pretty much time to go. We picked up my sister and then headed to the airport. It turns out my flight was delayed by at least two hours. Whoo! I sat and waited with my mom and sister for a while before finally going through security. I scrounged around for something to eat and ended up getting a kind of crappy salad then headed over to my gate. I waited. And waited. And waited some more. The flight ended up being delayed longer than they thought.

Eventually we boarded and the flight went much better than I was expecting. The service in NYC was waaay faster than it usually was upon arrival too which was nice. I didn’t even really have any trouble getting home either which was surprising. My room mate helped me take my bag up and then was pretty much got in an argument right away which was pretty lame. My kitty didn’t seem too happy to see me either so I ended up feeling pretty depressed so I just got ready for bed and went to sleep.

• • •

Polka dots can be kind of cute sometimes. Usually on things like stationary or whatnot. I don’t usually wear polka dotted clothes though...

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Today was my first day back to work. I was sooo tired this morning that I actually slept through nine full minutes of my alarm going off. @_@ That’s so unusual for me… Once I got up I was still pretty tired but I felt okay about going into work. I was excited to see what everyone would think about my new hair and glasses. ^^; It turns out everyone loves them! I do too, which I guess is what really matters, but it was nice to see that everyone agreed. ^_^

Work was pretty slow. Apparently my computer decided to take a vacation while I was away because it didn’t work like at all. The IT guy fooled around with it all day while I did intern type jobs which wasn’t bad.

After work I headed home and went grocery shopping then made dinner and hung out for a little bit before bedtime.

• • •

There have definitely been some interesting moments on Mene. I can’t really pick out any particular favorite but one of the most impressing ones was when Channah’s beehive got completely blown off! Another recent one is my newest Admin’s Pick star!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Today I woke up before my alarm. It was kind of nice to have a bit of time to get some stuff done this morning. I played with the kitty and did a tiny bit of unpacking before I had to get ready for work. I tried this Star Wars cereal that I got yesterday for breakfast but it was pretty terrible. It tasted like Fruity Pebbles with like 3 marshmallows in the entire box. Bleh!

The work day was pretty bleh. My computer still wasn’t working and I spent pretty much all day fighting with it and the IT guy so the minutes passed by super slowly. I finished my book during my lunch break too so I didn’t have anything to read on the way home. >.<

At home I made dinner and finished unpacking and then it was pretty much time for bed. Not really an exciting sort of day really.

• • •

If my mood were weather I’d definitely say it’d be thunderstorming outside. I’m feeling kind of grumpy and I love storms so that would probably cheer me up.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-08-2015 at 09:17 PM..