View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 05-10-2008, 03:18 AM

3. Light

He pushed me out the door with an unkind slap before giving a fake smile. "I'm sure you remember where your room is, I would advise you go there if you do not want to make things worse for yourself. I will keep an eye on you if I have to."

He laughed at what I hoped was an icy glare back at him before closing the door in my face. I was left in the pitch black hallway except for a few spare candles further down the halls. Seeing that no one was there I walked no where in particular as I fiddled with the bonds that held my wrists. Whatever it was it was somewhat more than mere rope or string and I could not fathom how to get the damn things off. At least, I thought to myself optimistically, they were made of somewhat that wasn't chaffing and tearing the skin. I had had enough of that in my youth to last my lifetime, no matter how long it would end up being.

Without thinking of it, I had walked deep into the hallways of the Tsinigani manor. In the darkness, and my long time away, I was lost. Each way I turned looked the same as the hall before and the specks of candled light were little or no help at all.

"Shonasha."

I braced myself, and quickly spun to face the familiar voice, putting my back to the wall in case I may need to fend off my follower with a kick. But it was not Totsu come to fetch me and punish me for getting lost in the dark on my own. No, though the voice was the same, I new as I lay eyes on that figure, even in the dark, that this was Heso, Totsu's twin brother, and the man I loved.

"Heso." I replied back with relief, before feeling my head cock to the side in question. Heso stood before me in the darkness, with a forarm held in front of his face as if to ward of light.

"Ah...Shonasha it is you," He gasped as he came forward, dropping his hands and grasping my forarms, "I could not tell through all this light."

"Whatever do you mean?" I asked, hearing the higher pitched thrill in my voice as I looked at his closed eyes, tightly shut against his unseen light, "It's black as pitch in here."

"No..."Heso's voice was low as he contemplated, "Of course you would not see it. You've grown used to it...in all your time with him." I realized then that he went Luphana, the foreign god that I had been serving up until that time, the god of light and love. "But that's not what I came to talk to you about. What are you doing here Shonasha. Are you mad? You have stepped right into my brother's hands. And this light that surrounds you Shonasha, I cannot see through it. I cannot see what will come of this, and it frightens me."

A sad smile crossed my face to see him like this. I put my bound arms around his neck and stroked his hair, relishing in the smell of him, the memories. Not just the recent ones of love, but far back when I had first met this man who could cast his sight into the future. All I could remember was a single face card that read death and the fortune that came with it. A death that will bring about great change. It was not the first time that I wished I could get rid of that light.