View Single Post
Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurker

Old 12-23-2014, 11:51 PM

"We've done everything that we could Gabriel. You need to take responsibility for everything you set out to do instead of blaming it on everyone else in the company!" Nathaniel slammed his fist on the desk, "do you honestly think I was dumb enough not to send Jane to snuff out any libel in the papers or sue them Do you think our contractors have done nothing but sit on their asses and twiddle their thumbs? You may have restored this company but I will not stand here and allow you to insult our staff, the staff that backed all of your decisions before you even had your first chest hair."

The room became heated as Jane attempted to calm the Vice President down, only for him to straighten his blazer and let out a breath.

"We supported you because we believed in your abilities as CEO, but as your board members we also have to tell you when something simply isn't working. Right now that happens to be you. You are not working. You are letting all of this success go to your head. Your head."

The other board members went silent as the CEO walked out of the door, leaving Nathaniel's tirade to fall on dead air.

"I'll in my office. Everyone else get back to work."

After Nathaniel left, Jane felt a small vibration and picked up her phone.

"Did everything go as planned?"

"My acting could have used a bit of work, but with Lawrence's nudging and your brother's own bullheadedness, we were able to get Nathaniel wrapped around our fingers."

"That's what I like to hear. With these documents I'm having planned to 'leak' on Wednesday my position should be in the bag."

"Always thinking ahead aren't you Mr. Glendyne?" Jane smiled, "tell me then. How are we so sure that your brother won't come back?"

"The Glades are a dangerous place m'dear. Not even my dear brother can conquer them."