View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-09-2015, 05:16 PM

"Oh yeah," said Tasi while turning a loose strand of hair. "Sometimes I forget he's human. I don't know why, but I always envision humans to look like Gale-kun. You know, average, freaky, opinionated. Nathan's just... hunky, muscles, reserved. Not my definition of human."

Giving Tasi a dull face, Androw snapped his head away and turned his nose to the air. "Average, freaky, opinionated. And here I thought I was special." Eyes opening, he looked at the girl who was now bashfully hiding her face.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way," she began but didn't have to finish as everyone's attention turned toward the case. Not wanting to feel the heat of being wrong, she immediately pulled open the laptop and started to scroll through the info.

"Anything looking familiar." Using the screen as a mirror, she checked behind her. Androw had vanished, likely getting his notebook. He wasn't gone long so she saw no need to talk to Issa about anything.

Now back with the group, Androw paged into his notes and eventually stopped on one. "That, that right there," he said while Tasi scrolled. "Go back to that entry." She scrolled up and stopped. "This one?"

"Yeah, that's the one," Androw flipped open his book and set it down so both females could see. "I still have no idea what those set of numbers mean, but I have them written down. I've ruled out coordinates, dates, phone numbers, a letter-number cipher. I even tried seeing if it related to chemical compounds or prescription numbers." He gazed over at Issa. "Remember, I'm a doctor so I have access to all that jazz. Even did a cadaver identification test, as well as ran social security numbers."

Tasi, impressed but not convinced, ran the numbers in her databases but also came up blank. "Yup, I'm not getting anything either. Are you sure they're not just random? And completely useless?"

"The fact that these same numbers have appeared again leads me to believe otherwise. I can't help but wonder if it's part of a code. Like location-time-person. The problem is, I don't know the order and I could spend the rest of my life trying to decipher these numbers." He let out a sign before taking a seat on the arm of the chair Tasi sat in. "Keep scrolling. Maybe something else will get a cross-reference."

There were a few times Issa and Androw went at it, over who got the intel first, but ultimately they seemed to agree that the same notes were worth flagging. Tasi printed them off and Androw eventually moved to tack them to the case board he decided to make.

"Okay," he said while putting the back-end of a marker in his mouth, "we know we've had Void sitings on these planets." He circled about seven planets. "And we know there are some bodies involved." He tacked up the pictures and related notes. "Personally, I'm interested in heading here," he tapped on a bluish looking planet. "Those numbers were found here, as well as an unidentifiable body. I also have a broker in this area that claims he can get me some info. Since I've never had clearance to go here, I could never visit. But," he turned around with marker back in his mouth, "mow mat mi'm miff moo muys, mi man minmestmimate mit."

"Oh really," Tasi laughed. "You can 'minmestmimate' it?"

"Mut mup," he said before capping the marker. "So whaddya say, SA Serthumon?"

Last edited by Xavirne; 08-26-2015 at 12:39 PM..