View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-19-2015, 09:31 PM

When Mrs. Browne disappeared behind a door, going to fetch tea, Joanna was a little suspicious. "My Lord...? Isn't it a little late in the day for tea?" Still, she followed Lord Rathingar towards the fire and sat in the chair he offered her without any other questions. Not that she was complaining about tea, Joanna loved tea any time of day, she just found it odd that they'd need tea this late at night.

She shook off any suspicions she may have had by reasoning to herself that perhaps they just things differently here than they did in York. Within seconds, she was back to her overly excited, happy self. She leaned back in the chair, staring at the fire for a few minutes, waiting for Lord Rathingar to break the silence.

"Um." She stuttered a little while trying to find the words. "This is a beautiful home. I'm sure Leanna and I will have so much fun here. I took the liberty of bringing along with me some pleasant books for children. I hope that she likes them..." Joanna turned her eyes back to focus on the fire as she continued to speak. "I do not wish to make you uncomfortable, but I was hoping that I could see Leanna? I promise I will not wake her, I just want to see her so I can finally put a face to her name."