Thread: Under Control
View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-31-2016, 12:19 PM

"No, they're not alive so I can never go back..." Alena mumbled, remembering the pain she felt, the ache at being alone in the world, trapped in the workhouse under their control. She didn't ask to have these powers, she would have rather stayed with her parents, being ordinary. Why did they imprison them? Couldn't they find those with powers and pay them for their work, their service? It would be more fair. Alena wanted to laugh, as if the guards, those in charge, cared about being fair.

The idea of stealing clothes, or anything, didn't sit well with her, but in the back of her mind she reminded herself she had killed a man to escape, so what was the harm in taking a bit of food? "We might find some clothes... my mother always put them on the line, and one time someone had taken father's pants. Perhaps..." She froze at that, hearing what sounded like a male shouting. Were they being followed? Her heart began to race and she tried to listen, to know what was coming so they could do something. Laughter soon followed, and the shouts of someone else, probably male as well. "What is that?" She whispered to Erika, pulling her behind trees as they went along. There were more shouts, this time she was sure they were younger boys, and more splashing. Perhaps there was a river nearby?

Circling the area, Alena kept behind the trees, not wanting to be seen, not sure if the boys would turn them in. At one point she peered through a line of long, overgrown bushes, surprised to find a small stream on the other side. A rope hung from a tree, a boy ran and swung from it, landing in the water. Her cheeks turned crimson as she noticed his state of undress. Quickly she pulled back, her back to the bush, hoping she hadn't been caught spying. Her hand touched something cloth and she tugged it out from under her. She held up a linen tunic and grinned. It was only then she noticed the other articles of clothing strewn about them. "Will these work?"