Thread: Under Control
View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-07-2016, 07:24 PM

Alena sighed in relief at the cool water by her feet, made even better with Erika's efforts. "I don't know, I've never seen the ocean..." She muttered, feeling a bit useless at this point. How would she help them find a safe place if she knew so little about the world?

She unwrapped the bandages around her hands, setting them on the ground beside her, and dipped the blistered palms into the cool water. It was instant relief. Hopefully they would be able to keep them clean and free of infection. The skin was still red, the blisters large and angry. When they popped it would be worse,t he raw skin underneath sensitive to pain and disease. Perhaps they would be somewhere a bit more safe by then.

Her hair blew into her face with each breeze, she maneuvered and dipped the long, pale tresses into the water, soaking it. Once it was wet enough, at least at the end, she combed it carefully with her fingers, which was difficult with the blisters. Braiding it, like she had planned, proved even harder, her hands struggling to hold the hair and perform the needed work. "Can you help?" She asked Erika in desperation, hating to ask more of the girl, but wanting to control her hair so she needn't worry about it.