View Single Post
Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 07-05-2013, 06:35 PM

I'm glad I brought my journal. We don't know when help is arriving, but it's important to keep yourself occupied during times like this. I'm happy to share my notes with everyone. Let me know if you spot anything of importance and maybe I'll make a note of it!

Excerpt from Lance's journalX

The sky in Duval was blue and dotted with little clouds, but by all accounts it was perfect flying weather. Everyone coming along boarded the airship and soon we were amidst the clouds. Everything seemed to be going smoothly. We saw dark clouds ahead, but they didn't seem to be particularly threatening. We didn't want to get caught in a storm though, so we altered our course a little. But it didn't work. Strong winds pushed the airship around violently and soon we were in the middle of the storm. The rain was heavy and poured in sheets. Thunder rumbled and shook us. Despite being in the air, it felt as though we were back on the rocky tides of the sea. Abel was doing his best to keep us stable and on course, using his magic. But then... lightning struck! It affected Abel's magic, making the airship spiral off course. He was able to regain his composure before we crashed which prevented us from being obliterated, thankfully. The lightning left part of the ship burned though and the abrubt landing further damaged it. Poor Abel is exhausted from having his magic interrupted by the lightning and then having to use so much of it to keep us from landing too hard. We kept in contact with Duval as we were flying so they should be aware of us getting caught in the storm and the lack of contact after that. Hopefully help arrives soon...

Lance M.
July 5th 2013

I hope this isn't Santa's vacation home.

Last edited by Lance; 07-11-2013 at 09:33 PM..