View Single Post
Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 11:04 AM

Cheers Ling and Cherry! Loving the new house so far, just gotta get the time to mow the lawn! Hoping I'll get a chance to do that tomorrow morning some time before I have to leave to go camping.

Speaking of, I just got back from camping for 4 days with friends over Easter. It was all lovely and quiet and relaxing until the last night where we were clowning around with the fire and nearly blew ourselves up and burned down the camp site! Explaining to the security/staff member who showed up minutes later, that the almighty boom he'd heard from several hundred meters away hadnt killed, injured, destroyed or harmed anything, and that it was entirely accidental and we were all giggling like a bunch of bitches afterwards because we saw how big an area the embers of the fire had covered... well, that was a little harder to do than the accidental explosion was! Lets just say, science knows how the process works, and when youve no tools or materials to improve the exercise, then upping the level of testing can only lead to something going wrong!

That said, the camping Im doing tomorrow night is at a mates farm where we regularly go and make things go boom, so I'll be replicating this to see if I can figure out the optimum performance, and so there shall be much running and hiding while I get it right!
Scarily, its also not even close to the biggest stuff we play with, so Im also fairly confident we can have a LOT of fun with this!