View Single Post
Vanth
Away with family!

Old 10-17-2012, 03:24 PM

"No, man, I'm sorry. I can't say that I did. I came out here for a smoke and you were just laying there in the garbage. To be honest I thought you were a drunk, but then I saw that shiner on your eye, and realized that you're either a really clumsy drunk, or someone beat the hell out of you." Chase took one last drag on his cigarette before crushing the ember under his shoe. He noticed something was off about the man when he stood up, he seemed to carry himself like he was in pain, but that was obvious since he looked like he stepped out of a Rocky movie, but that wasn't what bothered him. It was the way he stood with authority, seeming to put all the weight on the balls of his feet, like he was an animal about to pounce on his prey. He was obviously angry, 'but I would be too if someone beat me up and threw me in the alley with the garbage.' but it was a cold, calculating anger, very controlled. 'He's either a boxer, or a cop.'
"So how'd you end up in this mess anyway? Or are you just being tossed into garbage piles all the time?"

The hallways of the hospital's basement floor were eerily quiet. The only part of the hospital that would see any activity at this time would be the ER. Ameli was still pouring over her work, her juice all gone, the bottle laying empty in her recycling. "What is it that I can't see?" She knew there had to be something that she missed, but the Victim's blood tests were negative for every toxin in the book, and there were no outward signs that the medical examiners could find that suggested they died from any physical contact like strangulation, suffocation, or blood loss, though the cuts on their hands had to be pretty nasty. The autopsies also turned up negative for internal bleeding, organ failure, and all other internal causes, and pathologists couldn't denote the presence of any bacteria or viruses. All that was left were toxins, and Ameli had absolutely nothing.
"What if It's some sort of new drug, something no one has seen before?" She thought aloud, but then shook her head. Every poison had a chemical composition, but whatever this was, it left no trace.
She stood up from her desk and stretched the hunch out of her back and neck. "I need more juice." She grabbed her keys from the desk, and locked her office door behind her, beginning a leisurely walk to the corner store for more juice, where she hoped she could clear her head enough to figure out this poisonous mystery.