View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 06-10-2015, 04:13 AM

“Yeah, yeah…” He gave his brother an annoyed look when he commenting on where the Tylenol was located. His eyes narrowed a bit when Roy asked about him running away and how old he was. Caden knew how it sounded, but still things really hadn’t been the same since their mother’s death. “I’m not running away. What’s wrong with wanting to see what else is out there? Not having to worry so much…”

Laughing the auburn haired male grinned at how ridiculous his twin looked after biting into an apple. And he claims I’m the animal around here. “Do you know how silly you look right now?”

For a moment the male wondered why he had even bothered asking or trying to explain things to Roy. It was all silly. Maybe it all had been nothing more than a silly dream. Caden flashed his twin a wolfie grin. “Oh I expect it to be a fun challenge actually. Haha, same goes for you Vinny. You might be eleven seconds older than me, but it doesn’t mean that you didn’t need me to watch your ass too.”

“I know you promised, but I don’t really need a baby sitter.” The banter continued after a short pause in which the auburn haired male rose from the chair he had been sitting in. It seemed the pet comment had somewhat struck a nerve with Caden. “I’m not your pet…and fine. It doesn’t matter what I say or do you’ll tag along anyway right?”

They both went about packing things. Like his brother Caden was also somewhat packing light. Though he did grab a few extra things that his brother was likely not to think about such as first aid supplies. Once finished he joined his twin. This was going to be…interesting.

“I won’t know until we get there.” He gave Roy a grin. Oh how tempted he was to lead his brother to a pool or something just because he mentioned it.

The pair set out into the night, both with their packs over their shoulder. Caden lead the way weaving about through the streets and alleys, avoiding the guards. At one point he stopped at a fountain and threw water at Roy, chuckling a bit.

Before long they were in sight of the wall. Near it were two jackals and another person. The one jackal shifted into a woman. Caden slowed his pace and watched. “Looks like we aren’t the only ones.” Giving a glance to Roy he continued to move forward until they were about 10 feet away. Quietly he listened. Yes, this was indeed going to be interesting.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 06-11-2015 at 12:10 AM..