Thread: Worlds Apart
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 06-02-2014, 07:05 AM

Garrison had been worried that the sights would be overwhelming to him, that the shock or the awe would elicit some explosive reaction, and the crying had certainly been expected, if not worrisome. He was just glad that Nathaniel had fallen back into his talkative state, and smiled, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Relax, Nathaniel, take it easy. Those planets in the distance are dead because they strayed too far from their star. Now their life is dead, and they're unanchored, so they float aimlessly. If anyone ever lived on them, we don't know it. There aren't any explorers willing to go check because the planets are so unpredictable." He smiled, pulling Nathaniel under his arm. "Easy, now. We'll get to a living planet in about a week with our deliveries, I promise... And..." The smile faded a bit. "Ah... Well, perhaps someday we can see my world... but I doubt you'll see my family." He turned, releasing Nathaniel and looking up at the mainmast and foremast. Their solar sails were unfurled and forced forward with the force behind them, gathering even the most distant, stray ray of light to power the main engine.