View Single Post
liquidrage
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-30-2014, 10:50 AM

Vharrus' grin widened at the question, one that had never been asked of him before. "It's an interesting story, actually, though not what you might think." He allowed himself his accent this time, though it was similar to English, if that existed this far south, but it had some small variations from time to time. No one had heard it in a very long time. "Long ago my people lived with the dragons, far north of here." His gaze became distant, as if looking through her and far beyond the walls of the inn. "Until the culling brought us near to extinction." He returned his attention to the woman across from him and took a swig from his glass. "'Tis a sad story, and a long one at that." He finished his glass before grabbing the pitcher and filling it to the brim.

"I'm new to these lands, to be honest." He noted, hoping it would release him from repercussions should he do or say something offensive. "The Fae are not my people, and I've little knowledge regarding this place and its people." He set his glass on the table and removed the book from under his cloak. "Unfortunately my tome is outdated, and its knowledge stops far north of here as well. Never have I traveled this far south of home, nor had any of my kind in their time." He set the book next to his drink. "I wish to change that."