View Single Post
Menelaus
Spartan Warrior Extraordinairé

Old 04-19-2015, 08:08 PM

the other neighbours living on our block were a fragrant mixture of demons and angels. but one rather repugnant demon stains the recesses of my memory in particular, Lee Monday (one could almost be made to believe that the name 'Lee' was an acronym for 'Devil'). Monday was the epitome of the term 'bad seed.' in fact, if you looked up a picture of Satan in the Encyclopedia Demonica, you would most certainly catch a glimpse of the foul boy sat playing pat-a-cake on old Beelzebub's fiery knee. my first encounter with the detestable Mr Monday, was a few days after the move. my brother and I had traversed the hallowed threshold to the great outdoors, and, after some deliberation, we commenced our negotiations with the natives. now, the Tooting natives were cut from a different sort of cloth in comparison to the upwardly mobile Battersea variety I had become accustomed to. they had a poorer fashion sense, and community unity had long been lost to a pseudo gang mentality. Monday was our age group's local representative, and his welcome wagon consisted of clumsily strung together japes and incomprehensible racist comments. the young rapscallion lived in the largest house on the street, with pebbledashed exterior walls, and a garden littered with broken swing sets and an algae infested fishpond full of wart ridden mutant toads. the rumour was, that his father was an armed bank robber serving hard time for hijacking a security van, and his moll of a mother would have been more than at home on the set of an old nineteen sixties gangster movie. my brother, never one to accept derisive comments (especially ones he didn't fully understand) without a fight, promptly punched Lee on the nose, hard. this impulsive, yet courageous, action was surprisingly greeted by a volley of 'hurrahs' from the assembled juvenile crowd, all of whom had wanted to do the same at one point or another, but were too afraid to do so. that night, we found out why.

Last edited by Menelaus; 04-25-2015 at 01:12 PM..