View Single Post
Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 03-18-2024, 02:36 PM

Solias stood his ground as the sibling of the late Commander approached and showed her orb as she spoke. A weapon he'd heard about and witnessed it's power. Nonetheless, he wouldn't let her or any of the others pass. "You would face treason, and fight me?" He asked.

"I was sent down to protect the fallen guardian and the child, from you and your troops. They are under my protection. Turn back and go home, Cecilia." Solias spoke calmly. "There is nothing Highrose can do to save the child. He died the moment his connection with Ghost was broken. His only hope is here, and Silas has been appointed his guardian, and I their protector." He explained in a way even Cecilia and her second could understand clearly that he wasn't going anywhere.

"As for the late Commander's soul.." He said softly, taking the small dagger out of his robe pocket and gingerly held it out to Cecilia. "It's here, and belongs with you and the people of Highrose." He said warmly.

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -

Jason paused when Silas spoke his silent thoughts and nodded lightly in agreement, his eyes flickering to Leah, Rei, and Gwen.

Rei paused when Silas asked about the more advanced transfer of energy, and shook her head lightly. "I-if we did that, we would have to have enough energy to match the lost energy, at the same frequency or your energy would run dry and there would be no guarantee ours would be enough to keep you alive." She explained slowly. "It would work with the little one because you have the energy to match what he's lost and we have the energy to balance that. He requires less energy than you. What you're asking to do is.. the need to transfer and regulate more energy through not only you and the little but also us and Lady Nerva while maintaining a steady flow of that same energy." She explained.

"Rei.." Leah said softly, pausing when Gwen took to greeting the two older shinigami and glanced at her friend and companion, not even sure how to handle or explain the situation.

Rei turned to Marz and Seamus, practically in tears at not knowing what to do but knowing they didn't have much time. "The little one.." She said softly. "He is fading faster than a collected soul from our blades once they leave the vessel." She tried to explain, voice soft and uncertain. "W-we have a chance to save him if we combine our energy with Silas's through Nerva. It will taint the young one but he will survive, and Silas wants to take on the impurity himself by giving the young on his energy and taking in ours instead. There wouldn't be enough to balance the two, and the side effects will be much worse than simply being tainted." She explained to the two, trying to keep calm and her voice even.

"It's bad enough you're thinking about crossing that line in which pure and impure should never cross." Leah said softly. "Lady Nerva wouldn't be able to save you from being smited." She said. Rei glanced at Leah. "He is a child, an innocent, barely having had a chance to spread his wings. Lady Nerva wouldn't turn a blind eye to such circumstance. I fully believe she would stand with us, and sheild us from those who would try to smite us." She said softly.

"If we do nothing, he will die." Jason said softly, repeating Rei's earlier words and glancing at Leah. He didn't understand why Leah was so against the idea.