View Single Post
Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 06-23-2016, 05:46 AM

So since late fall last year this guy and I have been trying to get people to start a swing dancing class with us. We met a few times throughout the winter, but it always ended up being just the two of us. This led to a lot of eyebrow waggling and wink-wink, nudge-nudging from a lot of our mutual acquaintances. Despite all the insinuations really we'd just be swing dancing for about two hours and would eventually end up laying on the floor talking about random things such as me giving him Borderlands tips because he had just gotten into the series.

Well the two of us thought that with summer staffers being here we might have a better chance of trying to lure people in, but the only problem is all the buildings/rooms up here would be in use because of the summer camp programs. After a lot of thought and deliberation, I thought of the optimal time and place, but we knew we'd have to get it approved by the RDs and the Camp Director. Well I just talked to the "Summer Staff Mom" who is the RDs' boss. She was ecstatic about the idea. She even said she'd talk to the Camp Director for me and try to get this rolling by tomorrow. Right after that conversation happened the guy came over to me and asked what I had been talking about with Mom. When I told him that we had her in our corner he gave me a giant smile and said, "This is happening."

I'm one of those realists bordering on pessimists sometimes (even though I'm always optimistic when it comes to other people's wants, needs, and plans. If that makes sense) so I was just like, "We still have a pretty big hurdle, but yeah it looks like this might happen." and his smile got even bigger as his asserted, "This is happening."

I really hope so. Even though I've never actually taught such a big group. Gosh. Am I even ready for this if it actually happens?

I might be teaching a dance class. Yay, but yikes.