View Single Post
Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-15-2007, 04:40 PM

I'm a big comic book fan, have been since I was 10 or so and I still go almost every Wednesday (this week doesn't count, since I'm already at a $700 repair bill for my car and it's still rising; comics can take a backseat until I can see my girlfriend).

I usual read superhero comics, mostly Marvel. For my money, the best comic on the market is Ultimate Spider-man, even if it has become a touch on the goofy side as of late. Garth Ennis's Punsiher is typically awesome, but he's started repeating himself a bit too much. Apart from that, the DC/Vertigo titles and indies are usually pretty good: Preacher is amazingtastic, as is Sandman (and anything Gaiman writes, pretty much). Frank Miller was a god in the 80's, but now he's insane. And not in a good way (300, Batman: Year One and Dark Knight Returns, Sin City were all 80's, early 90's).

I was a fan of Jhonen Vasquez, but since he's become the Hot Topic whipping boy (through no fault of his own; he hates the pop-goth culture ... which is pretty much the underlying point of JTHM), I've been less enthused. Especially since he's hasn't done a damn thing since ZIM, save a 16 page Fillerbunny comic. Come on, Vasquez!