View Single Post
Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 10-01-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
"...And when the night is cloudy. There is still a light that shines on me. Shine on until tomorrow, let it be..."
Grace turned sideways in her chair, so she could face Conner; and so her right side faced the front of class. She appreciated that he acknowledged her when she spoke, few did. Of course, that's assuming she spoke to them in the first place, and her headphones weren't on. Like Tatina in anatomy, most people scoffed at her, or only half-listened, like Mr. Tech. It was something she liked about Conner; he was very good at listening.

She chuckled and returned his smile. "Thanks, Con. I needed that today." She watched as he picked up her mass of messily coiled wires. It looked like he was upbraiding a rope. The way his fingers moved reminded her of a pianist; quick, and precise. She wondered if he knew how to play. Grace waved meekly to Mr. Tech, as Conner apologized. She swore the man had a radar for her. She laughed quietly at Conner's comment. "Probably cybernetic hearing aids too." She added.

She sighed, remembering her design. "It was so awesome too. An explosive tipped arrow. Though..." she bit her lower lip. "My calculations about the amount of powder needed were uh, explosively wrong." She shook her head, causing her blonde hair to fall in front of her face; she brushed it behind her ear. She'd had her hair cut short when she was younger, after a drunken escapade. It was beneficial then, as she spent most mornings hugging a toilet, and hair got in the way. Now though, more than a year after, her hair had grown down to her shoulders. She had to tie it up, or braid it when she was on the range. She still wasn't used to it.

"I can't get it back from my anatomy teacher until tomorrow." She bit her lip again. "He, uh, locked it in his desk, in his locked classroom." She could beg Dr. Endo all she wanted, but she knew she wouldn't be able to get it back until then, so she hadn't bothered. It's not like Dr. Endo would have heard her case anyway. Of all of her teachers, he put up the least with her excuses. At least Mr. Tech would listen to Oliver. Dr. Endo easily got annoyed when one of his "star pupils" strayed from the path, and would not accept excuses for poor behavior from anyone.

She watched Conner's hands work a bit longer, before turning her attention to his face. She had to admit, he was rather good-looking. But that was a fact probably every girl at the YJA knew. Grace was certain she'd heard rumors about a Conner-Shadow fan club. She'd laughed at the idea then; at the people that acted like this was a regular high school, and that they could live regular lives. Grace even laughed at the notion of a regular life. She wished she wasn't the heir to a multi-million dollar company. She wished she could spend her days idly thinking about boys, instead of focusing on joint-mergers, accounts, and executive officers. Her future was already planned out for her. Even if she didn't stay as Oliver's sidekick, she still had expectations in the real world. She loved the freedom being at the school offered her. It was like her own little gilded cage.

She wrote a quick message on her notebook then slid it over so Conner could read it. Up for a midnight heist? Below that was written it's for a good cause? Even though she was training to be a sidekick, Grace still had a bit of a mischievous nature, being 16 and all. She had the perfect song picked out too.

Last edited by Wrenji-chan; 10-08-2014 at 07:54 AM..