View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 06-28-2008, 04:28 AM

77. Testament :Continuation of Foreign

As their horses clopped quietly on the beaten path, the young woman turned her sapphire eyes to the demon riding beside her. He quiskly noticed and humored her with a glance in her direction, "Yes my lady? What's bothering you. We'll make it out on time I assure you,"

Cato gave a smile and looked away, placing a hand to her lips in hesitation, "It's not that my lord," she replied out of habit, "But that woman, the Illian, why were you so cold to her?"

At once she knew that it was not something he wanted to answer. The demon gave an audible sigh and shook his head in frustration, "That woman," he said slowly as he pieced together his words carefully, "Her and her people hold an incredible gift to be able to see into the future." He looked at Cato, fixing her with his amythyst gaze, "But what they do is wrong. Their god-given powers are not something to peddle on the streets, or something to be told to anyone. It is the role of the Illian to observe the passing of time and the coming events and simply know it. To tell it to normal men, it is a crime worse than any."

The young princess shook her head, "I'm sorry, I just don't understand. The world can only benefit from knowing what will come to pass. If people can see the danger ahead of them than they can change it, they can improve their situation and make their lives better. How is that a problem?"

"Your highness," Shonasha said carefully, "Do you have Illian in your country?"

She thought breifly and quickly shook her head, "No, I would say not."

"There you have it then. The burden of the future is something even Luphana does not want his people to bare. If it would truly make the lives of mortals better, then I am sure he would tell you all. But he hides it because he knows the damage that it can do." Shonasha looked away for a moment, watching the trees as they passed, "To tell the future to any normal mortal is a curse on those who do it. Those wandering Illian that you saw, live under the impression that they have left behind their own homes and lived forever wandering because they chose it. That is not the reason. The reason they can never live side by side with us as we do is because they have broken the vow their spirits made at birth and now they are cursed."

"Shonasha" Cato said with a sad look, "How do you know? How can you possibly know what those who have that power don't even know?"

"Because I knew a man with that power once," He replied, his face grave as he spoke, "He withheld my fortune from me in order to protect me, but he has been cursed since he was a child for releasing his knowledge to his brother, the man who now sits on the throne of my country; our enemy."