View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 08-22-2008, 04:48 PM

55. Love Letter

Murasaki only ate apples from one place. He didn't take them from the family kitchen, but wanted them only from a little shop at the edge of town. Not only that but he wanted them personally delivered every time from a single basket that traveled back and forth from the shop to his room in the castle.

He waited on the basket of apples from the moment I left to the second it reached his fingertips. It was all because of a single letter that graced the bottom of the basket every single time. They were love letters, passed back and forth from a basket laden with the finest apples in the shop.

It was a helpless love between a prince and a simple town girl, and yet the letters flowed back constantly, never faltering. It made me wonder how it started. Who sent the first letter, and why? What single sight prompted them to this action? I never asked, it being none of my business. When it was time to carry the letter though, I did. A whole hearts worth of love packed in the bottom of a wicker basket.