View Single Post
Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless your actions see them through...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 06-03-2011, 07:38 AM

Kage laughed at the smart rebuttal the woman supplied him with. Faith was the healthiest type of fun to be around, company and pleasure. With that being the case. . . How long can we keep this up? Or should we stop now? It was true that their relationship was a risk to both of them and their careers, but what if they didn't get caught. Kage knew he could cover his tracks well and was confident that Faith was the same way. The only variable right now was Vi, and if she found out about what he spent his entire night doing. . . Somehow he would have to find a way to keep her quiet. He might even have to lie to her if she asked about it. Damn, things are going to get sticky around here for a while.

The dark haired man was snapped from his thoughts when he was asked about breakfast. Stroking his beard for a moment the mage replied playfully, "I'll have a glass of wine, with whatever the lovely young lady is having." For extra charm he added a wink and a devious grin to the mix. Then he remembered that he was standing around in just a towel, not that it bothered him, but he should get some clothes on anyway. "Ah, the agony of not having such a beautiful figure laboring over a fire is tormenting me," Kage added again with the sarcastic tone. At the mentioning of her sister, the male couldn't help but chuckle, "I'm sure she would change her mind about killing me if she tried to have her way. That much I'm confident in, aside from the fact that she couldn't kill me."

As if to reinforce his previous comment, Kage stretched (and flexed purposely) showing off his lean eight pack and other well toned muscles, as he walked over to the small pack that he had brought with him last night and put on a brand new all white tuxedo. He accented his outfit with his usual lavish yet somehow modest , gold jewelry. As he was buttoning his shirt, Faith commented about last night. A slight grin appeared on the male's face at first, until she later corrected herself and complimented the man more honestly. Unable to hide a full smile at this point Kage figured he would be open as well, "Thank you for your honesty love. And now, I believe its my turn?" The question was obviously rhetorical, so he took a moment to finish up his outfit then said, "Last night was the best I've ever had." To the male's surprise he actually colored a bit when he said that. Why did my face just get warmer? "I guess I feel a little jealous that you've had better, but you were definately the best I've ever had. No questions asked."

As he was finishing up his sentence the young assassin had already finished dressing and crossed the room placing a kiss on the female's forehead and trailing down to her lips where he found himself locked in combat for a few moments. "When's breakfast? I'm sure you have a busy day ahead of you, correct love?" Kage had plenty to do himself, not to mention meeting up with his old master, Raven Vane. He was more commonly known in his day as Phantom, but now he worked as an independent assassin after stepping down from the mantle of Guildmaster.

In Kage's eyes, he was the one man in the world that epitomized fear and respect. There was no man who had ever had a presence so overwhelming that it was hard to talk to them sometimes except Master Vane. Raven had taught Kage everything that he knew about fighting and how to be a true assassin. The elf gave him power where there was none to be found. He saw light in a world that had been cast into the shadows. Phantom had created his Kage (which means shadow in some language I don't really care to look up at the moment) and set him up as his successor. The only problem was that, Azoth's talent and potential were so far above his maturity at the time when Raven was ready to step down that the more experienced Architect stepped in and took over instead. This of course was about two years ago and Kage had come a long ways since then, but his memory of the disappointment on Raven's face was clear as a crystal.

The memory made the male cringe unintentionally before realizing what he'd done. He quickly masked his expression and gave all of his attention to the beautiful elf in front of him.