View Single Post
fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-23-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletStratholme
Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun
Your friends sound like jerkwads, then. I'd just say "Suck it up, I'm diversifying." XD

Oh, and DA is... more presitgious than photobucket? Cuz photobucket is, like, where you dump art for hotlinking to other sites, where people upload photoos of thier vacation weekend ot show friends, etc. DA's meant ot be a gallery.

And OCs aren't necessary - I just menat that's how I did things because my OCs tie into my personlity traits. And suffice to say, an OC's not just about looks.

Black and Decker make a shitload of appliances from the stuff used on industril worksites to food processors 1950s moms use at home. THey market different products in different fashions - different commercials for each group, etc.

I mean, did you know that Lexus is a sub-brand of Toyota? Like, Toyota is one of those reliable efficient cars but Lexus is luxury - but it's all in how they're marketing and to whome they're marketed.
Well, they're not exactly jerks persay, they just have more serious goals when it comes to art?

They don't "whore" themselves out for money. I dunno, it's kinda frowned upon that I just paint whatever people tell me to, cause RL commissions help..but you know, unlike them, my parents aren't paying jack for my college. =/ It's not like I didn't try to get a normal job, I did--but I have a stupid amount of credit hours I'm carrying, to try to get through school faster and thus save more tuitionwise..and as a result the only hours I have up to offer for part time jobs are really weird hours like 8p.m. till 2a.m. and no really sane job does that.

I tried bartending, but then after about a month and a half I decided to quit cause sooner or later someone would prolly find my ID's not entirely real. =/ T_T''

So yeah, I do commissions rather than invent my own art all the time, do entirely my peices 24/7..but sooomething has to pay the bills you know? They don't pay themselves. =/ But if I were all, "Yeah I do paintings for fun that are all cartoony animestyle" I dunno. x_x'''

As to two diff types...so like, separate realism from anime? Or?

How?
Lol. I hate artists who think that doing stuff for pay isn't the meaning of art - well, it's not, but if you want to be a serious artist, part of being serious is turning your art into a career. Well, they'll get thier asses kicked in the future, that's for certain.

Most of us do it - separation. I have seen PB's realism. It makes my jaw drop and want to shoot myself, and I've done my fair share of realism as well. But all you see online is anime. When I portfolio review for say, more 'arsty' things, I'll take those figure drawings, those still lifes - all that FRUIt, lol - with me. If you can do everything - just show people waht they want to see - and you can please every group of people.