View Single Post
BellyButton
Assistant Administrator

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-12-2014, 08:58 PM

❄ Savory Treats ❄

From snacks to soups & salads to hearty main dishes,
things to eat that aren't overly sweet belong here. :)

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="Green"][B][SIZE="5"]I have a savory dish to share![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]
[B]Comments[/B]: [optional]

EntriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
I have a savory dish to share!

Comments: We usually have quiche, scotch eggs and rice pudding on christmas day. This one I made early to test because it's a carbless one so no shell. I wanted to see if it was good enough for christmas and it's not bad. It's wrapped in bacon so really how can you go wrong. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten View Post
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

Comments: It's going to be a pretty lonely Christmas and Christmas eve for me this year, so I made some bolognese with spinach fettuccine for dinner as a personal celebration! I don't made these too often, as the ingredients can get a little costly here, but it was very worth it. Made some chicken meatballs to go with it too. It was delicious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageling View Post
Click on thumbnail for full view
proof photo
Comments: Sausage and Olive stuffing, a recipe my family has been making for decades. It uses boxed stuffing, to begin with, but the olives and sausages elevate it above just boxed mix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
I have a savory dish to share![paste or link IMG here] Click on thumbnail for full view Comments: [optional] Tri color pasta salad with Italian seasoning and black olives cut up and parmesan cheese on top ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
I have a savory dish to share![paste or link IMG here] Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Comments: [optional] Homemade turkey pot pie I make these with biscuits too but this one I used cornbread instead on top .... I took vegetables , onions, turkey diced them all up added them to turkey gravy put them in my deep dish mini pizza pan poured cornbread mix on top bake it yummmmy ^.^
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
with username
Comments: a dish that rarely needs introduction, the Peking duck; an arduous process of drying, separating, and candying makes the dish known for its savory meat and crispy skin

Comments: because if you fry it, they will come; eggrolls, fried shrimp heads, and firecrackers (shrimp marinated in spices, wrapped, then fried)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
Comments: Chicken Florentine. It's something that I didn't start cooking until I moved in with my fiance. We don't make it often but for this time of year we like it. It's warm, yummy, and looks a bit like christmas. bows everywhere and white and green. Also I really like these new bowls from my sister-in-law, they have handles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
Comments: A post Christmas dinner for three! Lamb Chops, small potatoes, carrots peas, yorkshire puddings and gravy made from the meat and veg juices and oxo cube! Just a shame i had no stuffing left!

Comments:
It had gammon and chicken for meat, with parsnips, stuffing balls, carrots peas mash potato and roast potato. It was a pile and a half! Gravy was awesomely made out of the juices and i added some mint sauce for extra yummyness! Just forgot to do the yorkshire puddings, but who ever makes a christmas dinner without forgetting SOMETHING XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Comments:
Holiday Leftover Onigri! The triangle ones Stuffed with left over turkey and pepper gravy filling and the round one is with leftover pineapple ham filling. A flavor change from the typical hot turkey sandwiches. Fun and easy to eat and make. This is the first time I tried making them. :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments: Ever since I had Teeokguk aka Duk Gook aka rice cake soup, I've been obsessed with those delicious chewy rice cakes or dduk. When I learned that it's a dish traditionally eaten at New Year, I knew I wanted to make it! "The disc-shaped rice cakes look like coins, so they symbolize a wish for upcoming prosperity for anyone who eats them." Or so Maanchi informs me. I made rice and scallion pancakes to accompany it. I didn't bother photographing the rice because it looks like rice....

Comments: I also made Baked Macaroni and Cheese for our work Christmas party. Here it is in the pot. I forgot to take pictures after I took it out of the oven because I had to run to the party. My skinny little manager ate four servings in one sitting though! There were no leftovers and I made two batches! Wish the cookies had disappeared so easliy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
Untitled - Hikari-Hellion's Sta.sh
Comments: These are so freaking good! Yummy pretzel buns made with beer.

Untitled - Hikari-Hellion's Sta.sh
Comments: Cheesy potato pancakes; I added a bit more garlic and hello yum! I think I'll cut back on the pepper in the recipe next time, though.

Last edited by BellyButton; 01-21-2015 at 04:57 PM..