View Single Post
BellyButton
Assistant Administrator

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-14-2014, 04:08 PM

Howdy, peeps! In the true spirit of Spring cleaning, brave ventures into the dusty garage, and not letting useful things languish in dark corners when there are folks out there who would get joy from them, we bring you this here raffle of forgotten treasures. This is a different format than past site raffles (they were before my time), but I'm sure if you stick with me it'll all be jussst fiiine..

Rules
  • Only use one account per person. Tickets are intentionally limited. Using multiple accounts to gain extra tickets for yourself will be considered scamming. Scamming makes Belly real mad.
  • Read the limitations for each section in Booty's post below so you know what to expect. Some items are being handled differently than others & you'll want to plan your ticket purchases accordingly.
  • All tickets must be bought before the Event Forum closes. Any ticket purchases (donations) timestamped after that point will be rejected.

FAQ
Q. Where did this stuff come from?
A. The items here have been harvested from permanently banned accounts, where they've been sitting collecting dust for years.

Q. Can I win more than one item?
A. The short answer is Yes, but there are some exceptions: A person can only win one big-ticket item. A person can win multiple midrange and lesser items in addition to this, but never more than one of the same exact item.

Q. Can I use my allowed tickets for someone else?
A. No. If you want to help a friend, you can give them the gold to buy a ticket for themselves, but you can't give up your own ticket slots to another person. (Example: Joebob has been questing the OFan for 4 years. He buys the allowed max of 5 tickets and his BFF Kittyears says "Take my 5 slots too because I love you Joebob!" Now Joebob has 10 tickets and an unfair advantage.)

Q. My friend/mother/cousin has an account but never uses it. I'm sure they would want to give me the item if they won anyway. Can I use their account to buy tickets and then trade the item to myself?
A. Nope, nope, nope.

Q. Can charity mules participate?
A. Not this time. But, there is a charity drive in the works for later in the year.

Q. If I win something, do I have to keep it forever?
A. Nope. You are free to sell or trade away your winnings.

Q. I think I see a loophole I can use to my advantage here. I can't get in trouble for that, right?
A. Wrong. If anyone pulls anything that we feel is contrary to the spirit of the raffle (that is, to get some of our most coveted retired items out there & accessible to more folks rather than rotting in hoard piles), acts to manipulate results or gain personal advantage, there will be consequences including but not limited to loss of gold & items, infractions, and account bans.

Q. When will we know who won?
A. Shortly after the thread closes, winners will be determined by diceroll, verified for legitimacy and announced in a new thread in the Community Discussion Forum.

Last edited by BellyButton; 04-18-2014 at 06:10 PM..