View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-12-2017, 02:14 PM

Friday, June 30, 2017

This morning I was lucky to wake up on time for work since yesterday I had set my morning alarm back and forgot to fix it. @_@ Thankfully I made it to work on time. I had a lot of work to get done today before leaving on vacation so I was pretty focused most of the day until the very end when I was feeling in vacay mode and didn’t want to work anymore. XD Once I got home I mostly just relaxed for the rest of the night.

• • •

I’ve never done summer school before. I did do a winter semester once in college though…

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Today I didn’t feel so well when I woke up. I laid around for a bit and tried to sleep some more but wasn’t really able to. Eventually I got up and took a shower and finished my packing then played SWTOR for most of the rest of the day. For dinner I decided to pick up some Chinese food and when I went out to pick it up there was the most beautiful double rainbow! It feels like I have been seeing a lot of rainbows lately, I hope it’s a sign of good things to come!

• • •

Haha, no summer time sadness for me! I am happy to finally be getting out of the hole of depression I’ve been in for quite a while.

Sunday, July 2, 2017

It was sooo hard to get up this morning. So tired… I had a really hard time falling asleep last night and had to wake up really early for my flight. I took a taxi to the airport and met my BF’s parents at the gate for our flight to New Orleans. They’re pretty nice! The flight was long but uneventful. Once we arrived we took a cab to our Airbnb and went to a local place for some brunch which was pretty delicious. I wasn’t expecting the heat though, it’s sooo hot and humid here. @_@ Everyone was pretty tired after the trip so after that we headed back to the apartment and his parents gave me a beautiful black pearl that they had bought for me in Tahiti! I wasn’t expecting a gift! I gave them gift set of some tea that I had bought to thank them for inviting me on vacation with them. I saw that the first Police Academy movie was on Netflix so we ended up watching that, eating salad for dinner, and heading to bed.

• • •

I’m sooo glad that I finally invested in a pair of prescription sunglasses last year. I don’t know how I lived without them for so long… No more squinting and headaches from the sun, yay!

Monday, July 3, 2017

Today we went to the Audubon park and saw tons of cool trees and birds and animals! I love the different trees here. There are different kinds of palm trees which was really interesting for me since I’ve never actually seen a palm tree in person before! There are also these huge trees with branches that rest on the ground. And then these other trees with wispy things hanging down from their branches which are pretty interesting as well. There were ibis, ducks, geese, a swan, bluejay, and tons of other birds, squirrels, fish, and turtles! I wasn’t expecting to see so much wildlife in a city park! After that we headed downtown to visit the French Quarter. The architecture was pretty interesting but I was rather disappointed by the ambiance. It felt like redneck partyville, lol. We had lunch and wandered around for a while before heading back to the apartment to cool off. In the evening we went to a pre Independance Day event to see some fireworks. It was a rather small show but there should be a better one tomorrow.

• • •

Are we talking about the sports team or the nation? XD I’m not a super patriotic person but I do feel a sense of pride from being an American on particular patriotic holidays.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Today was a bit of a slow morning. We hung out at the apartment most of the morning, ate lunch, then went back to the French Quarter so I could buy some gifts for my family for Christmas then headed over to the French Market to check out the jazz bars. We had a drink at one and then wandered around until we got into a bit of a seedy area (there was a pretty creepy prostitute…) and headed back to where we were before to find another jazz place for dinner. I’m not usually a huge fan of jazz but it was interesting. We stayed there for a while and then headed over to the river bank to find a spot to watch the fireworks. We ended up having to sit on these small rocks which was pretty painful but it was totally worth it to see the amazing sunset. I’ve never seen one like it before! The fireworks were pretty cool too, they launched them off of two boats in the river in perfect sync. It was quite impressive!

• • •

Haha, I already have this one covered above! XD I do quite enjoy fireworks. I think the best show I ever saw was the one in Oswego one summer. They were really amazing with the backdrop of the lake!

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Today we went to the beach! It was a pretty slow start getting the car and taking the two hour drive out to the coast but it was totally worth it to find this little secluded beach. I was a bit worried about the warning signs about stingrays but I asked another group that was there and they said they hadn’t seen any so they didn’t think that we would need to worry. Apparently stingrays can kill you though which was a bit worrisome but we didn’t end up seeing any so it was okay, lol. The water was sooo warm, like bath water! I’ve never been to a beach where the water was so warm!

• • •

Haha, I can’t say I’ve been making a lot of healthy choices lately. My BF bought a huge bag of chocolates from the airport that we’ve been slowly working through this week. XD

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Today we woke up super early for another road trip, this time to the swamp. We did a river boat tour that was really amazing! We got on the first tour before there were too many people and got to see some alligators! They were relatively small (about 6 feet) but wow they could really jump! There were also squirrels, birds, a raccoon, and even some wild pigs! The pigs came right up to the boat and the tour guide feed them some corn. After that we headed downriver and saw these enormous snails about the size of your hand! What I loved most though was the water. The boat was so smooth and it felt great to feel the wind against my skin and smell the fresh air. After the tour we headed to Baton Rouge which ended up being a bit of a wash because it was so hot and we were all pretty tired. We had lunch and then drive around to see a few sites from the car then headed back to New Orleans.

• • •

This is a super random topic. I actually had to look up with nepotism means, lol. We’re going to be getting an intern at work later next week who is the niece of some friend of the CEO so I guess you could say that’s nepotism. I think in some cases it could be okay, like a family business, etc. but in other cases, when the person just really isn’t qualified (like this intern) it feels a bit unfair and abused.

Friday, July 7, 2017

Today was a pretty slow day. We went to the zoo which was pretty empty since the weather was rainy. It was very different from other zoos I've been to. It had this feeling of abandonment that was rather interesting. We got to see quite a few animals though. After that we headed back to the apartment. The plan was to go back to a jazz bar in the French Market area but I ended up getting a migraine and had to stay home while everyone else went. I had a super hard time ordering food for dinner because delivery is so different here. The minimums are higher and there are pretty hefty delivery fees. I finally managed to get a quesadilla around 10:30pm, watched some New Girl on Netflix, and then headed to bed.

• • •

I’ve haven’t really gotten into genealogy myself. That seems like an old person hobby you start wondering about when you get older. XD I do know that I have Dutch, English, and Irish roots though and that my ancestors came over on the Mayflower from what I’ve heard.

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Today was the flight back to New York City. It was relatively uneventful. I took a cab back to my apartment and just chilled for most of the evening. I got some Chinese food for dinner and watched Interstellar then headed to bed.

• • •

We actually had a picnic the other day! We stopped at a playground on the way to the beach and had cheese sandwiches and I played a bit on the swings. It wasn’t really the best picnic in terms of the food but it was pretty fun. ^_^

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Today was a pretty lazy day. I cleaned the apartment, unpacked, and played some SWTOR. That was pretty much it, lol.

• • •

I loooove cake batter ice cream!!! And also S’mores by Ben and Jerry’s though that flavor is really hard to find around here.

Monday, July 10, 2017

I went back to work today. *sigh* All things considered it was an okay day except for getting the bad news that I will be changing desks again. -_- After work I headed home and went to the Concord meeting on SWTOR. I wasn't able to do the even afterwards though and tried to get in a group to do some heroics but ended up getting stuck with some annoying guy from Texas who wasn't very helpful, lol. After that a friend got on and we did some seeker droid missions which was pretty fun and then I headed to bed.

• • •

I could have really used some aloe vera after the beach. I got a bit burned at the end which was just crazy. I put on sunscreen before getting into the water and then I was only in the sun for maybe 5 minutes after getting out without applying sunscreen and I already got red. @_@

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Today was rather eh. I was a bit tired most of the day and felt kind of bleh about having to move desks. My boss left in the middle of the day and then the CEO came to see me not 30 minutes later to ask me when I was moving. *sigh* It took me about an hour to change desks again and then I headed home. I felt really lucky to catch the train right away and then got tortured all the way home. The train would go forward 3 inches, then we would get stuck for 5 minutes, rinse and repeat. It took me an hour and a half to get home. T_T I was really tired after all that and had some pizza for dinner and played some Pokémon Sun. I'm almost done with the game now. I just need to find someone to trade me a celesteela, get an ice stone to evolve my alolan sandshrew, get the rest of the zyguard pieces, and then I'm done! I'll probably restart the game after that so I can get another cosmog and Type: Null so I can recomplete my pokedex. I'm only 10 Pokémon away from having caught them all again! After that I started getting ready for bed but then ended up having some pest issues. I found a cockroach under the bed and two big spiders. What an awful thing to deal with right before going to sleep. I hope I don't have any nightmares because of it...

• • •

I can’t say I’ve found any good deals lately but I did get an amazing donation tonight! Thank you thank you thank you to my benefactor for the amazing gifts!!!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-12-2017 at 02:19 PM..