View Single Post
Beekeeper
I don't - what is - I - huh?

Old 10-08-2013, 02:00 PM

"No matter, what's important is that you are safe from whatever lies outside."

Kaled to a sip from his own cup, hiding the smirk that - for a moment - wormed onto his face. Seeing others in fear always struck a delighted cord in him, the pallor of their skin, the trembles they couldn't control, the dilation of their eyes. Of course he was usually the source of their terror. The power over those that found their way into his special care was addicting.

"Have you someone to call? I'm afraid I don't keep much in way of electronics but there is a phone in my office should you care to use it."

Any delicate electronic device seemed to hate him, shorting out or malfunctioning if they came too close. The telephone in the office had been enchanted when he bought it - he could enchant the others as well but it took unnecessary effort and time and in the end was just an extraordinarily boring way to utilize his gifts. It was easier to do without. Besides, he had found other means to occupy his time and attention, and there was no need for a remote control.

The true question was - why was the boy wandering around, alone, in the darkness of the cemetery? Kaled knew that the old mill further down and away from the church was somewhat of a meeting place for the younger generations of Farefield, but this young man was terrified. If he was with others at the mill than they would have come with him. Everyone knew that nighttime in town was dangerous - especially alone. They would have kept as a group as they ran terrified towards the only other structure. His church.

Either way, this boy was not suitable for his particular needs, not even to be kept as a midnight snack. The boy would phone home, have whoever was there pick him up, and be on their merry way. Perhaps Kaled would see him again during one of his services though he highly doubted it. Never before had he seen this face, and he doubted he would see it again.

For the best, I suppose. This child is... odd. It's wise to keep him away.