View Single Post
Beekeeper
I don't - what is - I - huh?

Old 10-09-2013, 04:53 AM

"It appears so have I. My name is Kaled."

He made sure that the smile splayed across his face was friendly and warm, that his lips were positioned the correct way as to not frighten the young man off. Not when he had been convinced to not roam around the wilderness on his lonesome. Though if it came down to it he could always force the boy to stay with just a few simple words with the right force put behind them. The child would then willingly spend the night in the church whether he wanted to leave or not.

Standing he placed his now empty mug next to the kitchen sink, having quickly rinsed it of the stray leaves that had been stuck to the sides and bottom of the cup. He moved back to the hallway, this time not motioning for the other to follow him but instead voicing his request.

The guest room was on the small second floor of the church, a spaced that was previously used to store the church's donations, antiques, and assorted other bits and baubles that had been collected over the years. Kaled had, since he had taken over as the reigning priest, moved the collection to the attic in order to set up another room. It had opened up a new way to hunt - let travellers that likely wouldn't have been missed due to their current roaming status stay the night and, if they were lucky, never leave the next morning. Yes, the police did sometimes come knocking on his church door, but a quick word and the slight push against their mind always sent them right back to their cruiser and speeding away.

Inside was a narrow bed, a plain white duvet spread overtop the mattress and, while it couldn't be sen at that moment, the bed also had smooth cream covers. The room itself had a window with the grey curtains drawn as well as the slatted blinds closed - Kaled didn't want to give others the opportunity to glimpse inside if he could help it, not into the private part of the church.

Beside the bed was a miniature bedside table and a lamp, and at it's foot was a small chest to be used as storage for clothing or the traveller's bag. There wasn't much room to fit anything else though he had tucked a folding chair into the corner should the guest care to sit and read or do anything of the like.

"I'm afraid it's not much, but it's better than attempting to sleep outside. I have a few requests to make of you - please, stay out of my own bedroom as well as the church's crypt. The crypt especially, it's a room that's very dear to myself as well as to the brothers that had come before me."

Technically what he had said was the truth. Not the whole truth, but truth nonetheless - Kaled found it easier to spin lies if they were based on actuality. It was easier to remember them all that way and complete fabrications were relatively easy to poke hole's in should someone know what questions to ask or what action to take.