View Single Post
Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-06-2014, 05:15 AM

January

Jan 1st: Brought in New-years with a bang at a Fandom Rave. If you've never been to one or don't have one in your area START ONE! Lots of local Scifi peeps got dressed up and partied till dawn. I was a lonely geek on New years for years before I found this crowd. I Met a few new people and had tons of fun. :D My bf won a prize for his Costume (which I put together for him) AND there was a minion there I knew. Great start I'd say!

. . .

Jan 6th: I won 2K and an In Blot for my name being picked for the Menewshan Minute. :D NICE!

Jan 13th: Went out for lunch with the bf. Ended up at a romance shop called Love Nest. Bought a fluffy new black boa and some 20s/30s inspired sexy silk tights. PERFECT for my flapper Costume I'm making for next month. I Got invited to four events and they're all on different weekends so I can go to all of them. (That never happens) :D February is shaping up to be a party month for me. XD I can't wait to meet more people. Whee!

Jan 14th: I went to my first larp. :D Different than the table top I normally do. It seems interesting plus I can have fun with my other hobby...GROWN UP DRESS UP AKA CosPlay. XD No time table as to when I'll create my first character though.

Jan 15th: Found the perfect feathers for my flapper Costumes head dress! Now to make it. :D

Jan 17th: Went out for dinner and then to an old friends house for some D&D. It's been a while. :) We started a new campaign. I'm playing a Teifling berserker and I might take a few levels in cleric as well. We'll see how it works out.

Jan 18th: Found the perfect material for my Zhann Cosplay for only $15 for 8 yards of a material that was 5.99 a yard in the fabric shop!! YAY Curtains in thrift shop material finds! I'm super excited now for this. Also a ton of black beads were found at the same place for my Flapper head piece idea. My bf cooked me a yummy dinner and now we're both doing art things. :D

Jan 22nd: I finished my first art piece for this month...not a good start since I need to do 3.5 a month in order to reach my goal of 40 BUT at least it's a start.

Jan 31st I got the other 2 pieces and my costume done just in time for February! :D We saw some fireworks for new year on our way to a D and D game. It was a fun night. XD Whoo! Looking forward to February.

Last edited by Nephila; 02-01-2014 at 10:03 PM..