Thread: Don't Hang Up
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-07-2020, 08:18 PM

Jayde struggled but finally pushed his emotions under the surface where he knew they needed to stay. Why did Harlan have to ruffle his usual calm? He never expected it, never thought a man like that would come to feel so special. They didn't even know each other. Reaching for his nearly empty cigarette box, he lit another and tilted his head back to the sky, deciding to focus on that fact for now.

"I'm sure you're just mistaken because we've been meeting up so frequently. If you had picked a different partner from the start, I'm sure you'd feel the same." Jayde's heart clenched at the idea even though he was very sure his own feelings hadn't been compromised. Still, he was fond of Harlan in a way that made him irritated at the thought of the other man coming here to find different sex partners. He should feel happy over such a thing and he certainly didn't think all this time that he had been the only one. But maybe it was different to hear it said to his face.

He blew out a long, unsteady stream of smoke. "I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I don't think it's a good idea to get close to me. You have no idea who I am. Don't you think that's strange. I could be a killer or the worst kind of scum of the earth," he added with an extra bit, his eyes blazing bright. "Do you really want to stay by someone like that?"

~~

Humiliation coursed through Axel's veins. How long had it been since a mere touch caused him to throw up? He'd grown to thrive on touches. But now, he'd been too out of sorts, angry, and anxious and just a bit hurt. It reminded him of high school all over again. "It's too late to make amends now!" Axel shook his head and finally scrunched back, sitting with his back against the alley wall. It made him feel small, but the coolness of the concrete soothed his heated skin. Ah really, and Fane just looked at him with concern. Didn't he get it now? Axel was refuse barely held together and breathing. He wasn't worth that concern.

"Are you disillusioned," he managed after another second, a bitter grin matching the cold look in his eyes. "The world-famous rock star, puking his guts out because someone pushed him away and then someone got too close. It's pathetic right? You shouldn't look at me like that and just pack your bags and high-tail it while you can." Axel bit back a manic laugh. "Or are you under some kind of impression that you can fix me?"