Thread: Don't Hang Up
View Single Post
PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-09-2020, 11:36 PM

"There's no way of knowing how the future will turn out, and ... I have a hard time giving up on anyone, just ask Axel!" Harlan smiled. "So even if you say it's impossible for me to know you, I won't give up, Jayde." Hope fluttered in his heart, that maybe there was a chance of letting the feelings he'd realized he harbored might be able to grow. Harlan was surprised to find himself wanting to grab his guitar and strum a few chords, maybe write those lyrics he'd always struggled so much with.

¬¬¬¬

Fane pushed himself to his feet, and chuckled a bit. It was an almost reflexive way to hide his relief. For a few seconds, he'd been terrified Axel wouldn't respond, or do .... something he didn't want to even contemplate. "Alright, no more cheesiness."

Bending towards Axel, he offered the other man a hand. Fane's hand was callused from his work on his motorcycle, and persistent grease lingered at the edges of his fingernails. "But I'll need your address to get you home." Whether Axel accepted his help up, or not, Fane intended to guide him to his red car parked none too far away. The wheels poked halfway out the parking spot, and it was a wonder no one had slapped a ticket across the windshield yet.