View Single Post
Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Safe. Yeah but that's only 'cause it doesn't like buildings...I think. Nate took another sip, casting a quick glance the way he had come almost nervously. He sighed when no danger became obvious, turning back to the priest.

He blinked when he mentioned calling someone to come get him, a sudden guilt coiling in his mind. "No...anyone I would have is back out west and I live on my own back out in the woods..." he said, fingers tightening.

Speaking of anyone...wouldn't someone have seen him on the steps? He had woken up there so he probably passed out there too. He bit his lip, brows knitting together lightly. Someone would have seen him. They had to have. Unless he wasn't there. Unless they honestly didn't see anything because nothing was there. And if that was the case where had he gone? Did someone drag him off or...

His mind jumped to his bag and he turned sharply, removing it and sliding it into his lap. He practically tore it open, the zipper screaming from the abuse. His eyes darted around, eyeing the contents. His lantern (he had forgotten about the lantern), his phone, a book he was going to return to the library later this week...and his camera and the extra SD card. Good everything was still there. He relaxed visibly, sliding it onto the floor next to his chair.

"I...I have the lantern on me. I can use that and see if I can find a hotel for the night," he said, leaning over the the table slightly and rubbing his forehead. He seemed to be talking mostly to himself right now, thinking out loud. His bad habit from living alone.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Audrey continued to wander, the can of beer gone from her hand, forgotten on the counter in the kitchen. It tasted terrible. She growled quietly to herself, lamenting all the drunks. This seemed like a lost cause. There was no way she'd find what she needed in here not with this rabble.

She stopped in the hallway, eyes narrowing slightly at a man leaning against a wall, dressed as a stereotypical vampire. Except he was one. Even over the smell of booze and sweat she could smell his dead stink. Like a dried up corpse in a dank space. She resisted the urge to turn, to turn and lunge and tear the bat's disgusting throat out.

She trembled for a minute before continuing on, her instincts telling her to kill it, kill it now! But she didn't. She ignored her rage, ignored the man as she walked past, bumping into the woman trying to speak with him roughly. It would do her no good to lose her head now. Not in the middle of a vampire's home. Not while it had the home advantage.

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 10-08-2013 at 05:27 PM..