Thread: The Messengers
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 10-08-2014, 12:54 AM

Oliver watched Emmery for a while when he fell silent, unmoving. He said nothing for a while, then shifted, straddling the human's legs and pressing a hand to his chest. He could feel Emmery's heart, beating rather quickly under his hand, emotions Oliver just didn't like to feel spurring it forward. He didn't like to feel them, but he did regardless. It was what reminded him that he had been--and still was--human. "I dunno what you want me to say, Em." Oliver's voice was subdued, somewhat lackluster. "So... I'm just gonna go ahead and say what'll do the most: I could say yeah, I'll help you forget, I'd love to be your sweet drug, a bitter little pill that'll make you feel better for a while. But I know it'll just hurt more when it wears off. After everything's said and done and I'm not strong enough to distract you, or after the shine wears off and you get bored or tired of me... then you'll just feel worse when you see Dyl. I don't want that to happen, so... I don't think I can." He dropped his gaze and suddenly breathed in sharply.

"But you have to figure out what's best for you. I can't wait around. Even if I really want to." He looked up again and couldn't quite hide the welling in his eyes. "I think I fell too fast... And you're not over a crush you never jumped at when you had the chance. You're jealous now and that'll just end up hurting you later. It'll make you lose a friend you really loved once. Still do, maybe. I don't want that to happen. Talk to Dylan... or... hell, I dunno, talk to both of 'em. But don't expect me to be there... Come back to me when you're not hanging onto your past. I don't want to see you self destruct." He pushed away, hand stinging for the warm human after he left, standing on shaking legs as he went to the door, stonily forcing himself not to look back as he left.