View Single Post
Delcatty
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 04-11-2015, 02:45 PM

Oops, thought I was done with OCs. Turns out I thought wrong, oops. Turns out I could use reference pictures for Red, though the contest is nearing its completion. As such, if no one objects, and since I still have tons of items not given out (only one person has actually entered so far, albeit with multiple amazing entries), I'm going to incentivize making art for Red by giving out three random items from my inventory on receiving an entry for Red instead of one.

Also attempting to ping people who expressed interest to remind them that there's now officially two weeks left to get in comparatively last minute entries. :3
Mythos: Nephila: Ivvy: PrincessKasumi: Chikyu:

Reminder of Red's information, since the first post has a lot of characters now --
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&D - Red, Half-elf Sorceror/Eventual Rogue
So the backstory on Red isn't as cemented, since the group is sort of group editing currently, but I figure that's slightly less important than visual references anyway. :P Red's backstory in a nutshell: Red grew up with his mother (since he was a bastard, the father didn't really bother sticking around) who moved from village to village as a healer. At a very young age, he showed a talent for magic, which his mother encouraged, though he never was able to quite figure out the healing arts, much to her disappointment (though she never showed it to him). He also showed a propensity towards working with his hands, and once he was an adult, took up an apprenticeship under a tinker as his trade of choice. Eventually, he moved on and became a wandering tinkerer/adventurer. Personality-wise, he's about as gentle as can be, which is surprising, since judging by his abnormal size, he's probably got a bit of orcish blood somewhere back in his family tree. He's also slightly on the slower side, and tends to be naive and childlike in his approach to the world.

Appearance:
Red is much larger than the average half-elf. He stands at a ridiculous 6'4", and is on the more solid side to boot. He tends to slouch to try and make himself seem less intimidating, and almost always has a smile. His name comes from his bright red hair (currant on that chart), and the fact that he has a thin veneer of semi-transparent, red-tinted scales in patches along his body which are the most evident signs of his draconic bloodline. (Blocked out the area, but the scales should be roughly quarter-sized, mostly opaque but slightly showing his skin below, and relatively shiny). His eyes are silver, (D&D Player's Handbook describes his inherited elven eyes as "like pools of liquid silver," but feel free to fudge it and just gove him normal eyes that are colored silver *cough*). His ears are pointed and slightly larger than normal, but not to the extent of a full elf. For his hairstyle, I sort of accidentally stumbled upon the clothing reference, and honestly, that hair is perfect in all but color, just a bit of a tiny picture. ><

Rough clothing reference. Ideally, the detailing should be a little less ornate, but if you really want to go all out (since I know that's the sort of thing where that's the most fun part of a picture for me) feel free to. Also, feel free to make the coat any color you'd like, as he's got multiple of the same coat. (He's very particular about certain things, and since he liked the comfortable fit of first, brown coat he had, he got the tailor to make him the exact same coat in many other colors as well)

In sheaths (one per hip) at his side should be two simple daggers, and a light crossbow strapped to his back.

His arcane focus is a glass orb (think like this size except made of glass instead of reflective material) with a small crystal bird inside it, except slightly red-tinted instead of blue. (For size comparison, the bird should fit head-to-tail within the orb at the base with a little room left over, and should be in the pose of the picture). When he casts a spell, the elements of the spell begin to swirl inside his focus before being released into the spell.

For pose, I'd ideally like him to be midway through casting a spell (think casting pose, holding his arcane focus, and maybe with some slight hints of fire in his other hand), but if you have another idea, feel free to surprise me.

Again, all entries should be submitted to me via email to ensure prompt receipt.