View Single Post
Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurker

Old 08-14-2014, 09:06 PM

Alex nodded at her answer, continuing to head toward the storage room. They weren't being chased anymore, having lost them somewhere between the third round of the reverse chase that often happened when they were trying to outmaneuver their enemies. Usually everyone ended up in one piece, but there were a few times that were too close for comfort...as evidenced by the small tear on Ella's skirt. If she wasn't careful the entire thing would split in half. He shook his head to get rid of the thought as the flashlight revealed the cavern ahead.

"Alright I think I see it!"

He glanced over at Ella who was obviously winded from all the running and mentally sighed, debating whether or not to start everyone on a training regimen. Of everyone, only he and Joleen were actual athletes whereas the rest of them were more about maintenance and solving mysteries. He couldn't blame them of course, but he needed everyone in tip top shape if they were to catch these glowing freaks And speaking of glowing freaks, he had found a pair of goggles atop a box labeled "yoga mats." He put on the goggles and flicked a few of the switches, half-listening to his partner in crime (solving) before realizing that they were for night vision.

Maybe I should take one of these. Then I can pretend to be one of those crawlers, he jested as he pried the boxes open.

"These aren't yoga supplies Ells."

Instead of yoga mats there were wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, and other mechanical doodads that would have been perfect for hot-wiring cars. He of course, pilfered one of the pliers, but it would be for "investigative purposes" if anyone asked. It wasn't often you came across a Heckel & Klein v20 Cutter. Those babies were worth a fortune! Actually, all the mechanical tools were worth a pretty penny, enough so that Alexander had to hold himself back from taking anything else. He'd simply settle with taking pictures of the evidence.

Continuing pry into other boxes, he took a few more pictures of the hard hats, pickaxes, and even jumpsuits of all things. Feeling along the wall for anything undetectable with his newly acquired night vision he gestured for Ella to come over.

"Forget the costume, I think there might be a door here," he admits, trying to find an irregular notch or bump in the wall.