View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-22-2014, 09:26 PM

If he had the chance, Saith probably would have kissed the ground. Sadly, that didn't happen for this "Kev" guy was being overly formal, which drove Mae to copy his formality. Saith, on the other hand, just looked at the strange man. Just what was he doing her? Yes, humans were on the island, but this guy seemed different. He was unlike any he had really seen. Perhaps it was the armor? His eyes moved behind the brunette and spied the horse. It was a large beast, easily able to carry two. And what was that he spied propped against a tree? Was it a staff? No, a spear? His eyes returned to Kev.

A smirk came the instant the priestess offered Kev a reward. This woman really liked to shell out her wealth didn't she? It made Saith wonder if she would offer him a reward too. He could only shake his head at that as the priestess should know he would decline, again. Although, he was beginning to miss strawberries. Perhaps he could coax her into buying some.

Shaking off the thought, the injured drow found himself rolling his eyes in disgust at Kev. Was this guy serious? He seemed to hop right out of a fairy tale. Or who of those cheesy romantic plays that the drow loathed above all else. Kev's sweeping motions, the kiss to Mae's hand, and the words of sheer devotion sicked him.

"My fair priestess of the sun, I am not here to accept your humble gesture." His face revealed a smile. "I'm just glad I happened by and saw everything."

As Saith gave another eye roll he followed Mae to a path away from the edge. He opened his mouth to protest, but a stern look made him reconsider arguing with her. His ribs were bruised, his face had a nice cut, and his legs were sore from the collision with the rocks. Not to mention, his left hand was torn to pieces from gripping that sharp arrow's base. He should have worn his gloves. Why he hadn't put them on was beyond him. It actually bothered him that he was so foolish to leave them in his pocket. But what happened, happened, and he couldn't change it.

The priestess was now addressing him and Saith could only shake his head at her comments. "What was I supposed to do? Watch you die? I will admit you're not my first choice of people to die for but," his eyes looked away and, unknown to him, a blush crossed his cheeks, "I suppose if I were to die for anyone, a priestess would do." He tried to smile, but found it hard so rather he just started at the crack in the earth that separated him from his forest. As he stared at the broken remains of the bridge, he felt a wave of anger pulse through him. "No. It's my fault. I should have gone first. I should have known something was wrong. If the thief didn't retreat across the bridge that night, why should we have." His hands were balls into fists now. "I'm sorry. I... I should have known better and your life never would have been in danger." It was hard for him to look at her, but he did. Those large, blue eyes of his were still trembling from all that had transpired. Clearly, he was more shaken up about the fall than he appeared. But he was a drow, a master of deception and illusion. Of course he could mask his feelings, but he couldn't stop the fear in his eyes.

It was around this time when Saith felt a pair of eyes cutting into his soul. Looking up, he locked eyes with Kev. Just what was this guy's problem? Saith was about to make a comment, but Mae was a bit quicker with his tongue.

Oh great, he moaned to himself. Of course she wants to know more about him. He wants to make a disgusting noise, but he found it too cliche for even he. Looking at Kev, he could tell in an instant that the knight was in love with Mae. It was sickening how fast this could happen, but Saith had seen it time and time again. Ignoring the couple, the drow gently touched his injured hand and let his mind rest some.

"I have traveled far and long in search of you, my love. I was told that a woman with golden hair and a beautiful face was looking for a knight worthy enough for her cause. Although the voice that spoke to me in dream didn't tell me much about the quest, I knew I had to make haste. It was a good thing I left the moment I awoke for I fear... no, I cannot let my mind see you in such darkness." Kev's hands were holding the priestess' pair again. This guy was awfully touchy-feely, and Saith found himself coming out of resting to rub away a wrinkle on his brow. Just what was up with this guy? Who did he think he was, Romeo?

"Henceforth, my lady, I will serve you. I will do all you ask and more than I can offer. Your love will strengthen me and my spear shall fight to protect you and all you stand for. I have traveled long and far for you. Together, we shall bring peace and find happiness in the arms of one another." Another kiss went to Mae's hand, and that was when Saith snapped. Rising, he pushed the knight aside. He easily stood taller than the brunette and he looked far more threatening. Narrowing his eyes, Saith tried his best to ward off this new comer, but Kev didn't falter. Matching the drow's cold gaze, he leaned up and into the guy so that their heads were almost butting up against one another.

"Why don't you go back to were you came from," Saith growled.

"Like I would leave my priestess with you," his words were venomous and fueled Saith further.

"Tch, like I would leave her with you!" Stepping in front of Mae, he held out his arms as if she shield her, but Kev wouldn't have it. Trying to break down the drow's arms, the two men were soon on the ground wrestling one another. Was jealous at play here? Or was it really a matter of pride?

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 01-22-2014 at 09:30 PM..