View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-31-2014, 07:53 PM

She felt slightly uncomfortable that Saith chose to walk not ride with Kev, but didn't try to pressure him into it. Instead, after a short while, she chose to get off Raenn and walk beside her. It was a bit harder on priestess' leg, but she didn't have to limp, so all was fine. At Kevlar's question, woman bowed her head slightly, hair falling in her face, and pondered what to answer. Knight had called them a team not long ago, but the concept seemed a little foreign to her, although certainly not unpleasant. Still, they were 'team' although they all had met just thirty hours ago and Kevlar didn't even know what they were chasing after. Sighing softly, she decided to start from the beginning.

"A thief stole two powerful magical artifacts from my temple's treasury and I suspect her of stealing another from Moon temple. I can't quite place why would she take the goblet, but the other two... The items have not been used for more than a millennium, I am not fully aware of their powers, but as an example - they were used to create Veil all those ages ago that still guards us. They could be used to cancel the spell, too, putting whole continent in horrible danger. I do not know what is thief's or her employer's plans, but I cannot believe it would be just putting the artifacts on shelf to look beautiful."

She looked at her companions for brief moment, still thoughtful, before continuing, "I need to find thief and regain these items. Currently, situation is hushed and only high priestesses and high mages are aware of it, although soon news will spread. Silver Mage has personally agreed to aid me in this search and therefor, we first must reach Fargh'on from where trustworthy mage, Silver Mage's old apprentice, will open portal for us right to Mage Tower. I am not sure where our path will lead from there, but shorter term plan is to reach city by nightfall, rest there and tomorrow, duplicate wanted posters of the thief and send them to other cities. Also, warn temples' area about the drow group we met."

Mae turned her head sideways to look at Saith, "I hope you do not mind I will do few touch-ups on the image you provided. Oh, and would you still prefer tree over a room at inn?" She sounded serious even about the tree part. After all, he had chosen it over rather comfortable bed back at Sun temple, although it could hold some nasty associations with being imprisoned. "Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that Silver Mage promised he would contact some of black-market traders that owed him a favor or two and if any of the items entered circulation, they would do everything to obtain them and keep in lock-down and also attempt to catch one selling or auctioning them. I do not believe there will be any success, however."

She once again looked at the two men, nearly curious if they would have any ideas or suggestions, any input at all. They had ended up seeing things from different angles than her, maybe now she had missed something, too? It of course would be shameful, but better corrected sooner than later.

Last edited by sadrain; 01-31-2014 at 07:56 PM..