View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-06-2014, 09:05 PM

How could he explain anything to her? Where should he even start? He was oblivious to the fact that Kev spilled his secret from hours before. To him, starting at the beginning seemed logical but Saith new better. This was something he swore he would never open up about. He didn't need this woman knowing that much about his life, let alone his inner feelings. The drow wished she would just bugger off and leave him be. Giving her the cold shoulder, he soon realized he was in the company of the knight. Was it odd that Saith seemed to cling to him over the priestess? Was it the fact that Kev was a knight and, therefore, trustworthy? But Mae was a priestess, surely she had more moral ground than the human warrior.

At a loss for words, his blue eyes just stared at the food Kev graciously offered him. There was so much space between all of them. Yes, they had come so far in such hours, but things were moving too fast for drow's liking. He wasn't fond of this closeness, especially with the opposite sex.

Wary eyes looked the sun believer over. She was trying so hard to keep things together. She fought to mend the damage that he or knight did. It must have been tiring. He could almost see years peel off her as she sat before him. The terror of such responsibly hadn't really come full circle for him until right then. Taken aback by his foolishness, Saith wished more so now than ever that he hadn't accompanied her. He wished he hadn't sworn to join her.

"Earth to drow, I repeat, Earth to drow." A knocking came to Saith's head. Blinking up at the hand that rapped against his skull, he cocked a white brow at the man. Just what was Kev up to?

"Lost in thought?" Seizing the moment to rile the dark skinned man up, Kev learned in and whispered in the drow's ear. "Daydreaming about my woman, are we?" Hasty with his retreating, Kev had long escaped the cold glare of the other man. Poking his tongue on in a cheeky manner, Kev raised his index finger to his lower lid before giving it a good tug down. "Ehh," he mocked playfully.

Fist raising and legs forcing him up, Saith made a lunge at the foolish knight. Sure enough, Kev was too quick and already fleeing behind the priestess. Gritting his teeth, drow tried to let off steam and did so in a way that would warn Kev not to play that trick on his again. Those eerie blue eyes of his sent daggers into Kev's back. And Kev? He nonchalantly stared back with a crooked smile on his face and the tip of his tongue poking from his lips.

"Struck a nerve, did I?"

"No." Turning away, Saith crossed his arms over his chest while giving a grunt. "I'm just not overly fond of your queer whispering in my ears."

"Oh shit, you got me! Saith, darling, I'm hopelessly in love with you." Sliding across the grass on his knees, Kev haphazardly reached for Saith's hand, as if to purpose. Of course, Saith was running away long before Kev could even say another word.

Looking over his shoulder, the knight brushed the dirt and grass from his knees. A chuckle followed. "Sorry to ruin the moment, but I couldn't stand looking at him any longer. For now, I think keeping him alert is our best move. Depressed, and we're all dead. Peeved and we might just make it." Mounting his horse, Kev trotted off after the knight while shouting, purposely, about how it was love at first sight.

At least now, Saith was smiling and actually laughing. Flanking the knight, Saith let his wet pinky find its home in Kev's ear. A shrill followed as did a drow rolling on the ground in laughter. Kev, now off his horse, was weeping into the grass while Ruine nibbled at his rider's hair in confusion.

These two were certainly a handful, but they played off one another rather nicely. Too bad they made such a ruckus and looked stupid doing so!