View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-28-2014, 01:23 AM

Elle scratched Oobis behind the ears and smiled brightly at Allan, always cheery. "No problem," she said. "I'll have Chef make her a copy of the recipe!" Truth be told, none of the Windsor family ever prepared their own food. The chef and help handled it all.

Ellie was a lot more down to Earth than the rest of her family though, and could be found from time to time digging around in the kitchen and making bowls of cereal or hoping for salty chips. Things the family rarely went through very fast on their new-aged diets. Her mother was always in on the newest workout fads, too.

While everyone talked among themselves, asking all the right questions, Elaine's mom appeared near the doorway, seemingly distressed, while talking on her cell phone. "Cancelled?" she nearly shrieked. "A mysterious fog?" There was silence for a few moments. "Then move the class to my house, we'll do yoga in my gym then. Call everyone and have them here within the hour!" She disconnected her phone.

"Mom!" Ellie called. Elaine's mom entered the large family room. "Mom, what was that about a mysterious fog?" she asked. Mrs. Windsor explained, "My yoga class was cancelled this evening, isn't it horrible? Apparently a fog is keeping the road down by Crystal Caves unusable, and my class in that beautiful mountain-side villa that overlooks the sea isn't accessible now."

For a moment Mrs. Windsor had a dreamy expression, while talking about the location of the class. But it quickly disappeared. "Now we have to move the class here," she said. "I will not miss a yoga session," she said in a scarier tone. "I have to go Lainey dear, lots to do!" The woman was back to her cheery self, disappearing around the corner already.

Ellie turned back to the gang with a smile. So far they had three things to check in on. Security tapes, the Crystal Caves fog, and the tractor yard for clues and tire marks. Naturally they would split up into pairs. Allan and Sarah would more than likely check out the tapes. Joleen, Matty and Oobis would search for clues in the tractor yard. And Ellie and Alex would check out the fog at the Crystal Caves.

Of course, Alex was always the one to split the gang into pairs and direct them, as their not exactly designated, yet trusted, leader. So Elle remained quiet. She could come to her own conclusions, but she did so adore how Alex took charge of things.

((Once they've split into pairs, I'll let you all know over in the OOC what they'll come across as far as ghouls. :) ))

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 07-28-2014 at 01:26 AM..