View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-04-2018, 03:14 PM

For a minute, Shayla just looked between the mask and the creature it had come off of. She knew the others looked to her. Silly, so silly. She wasn't a fount of knowledge and though she decided to take charge on this little venture, she wasn't some sort of official leader to them. The thought that she had somehow fallen into that role anyway struck her once again. "I...don't know," she managed, voice soft against the background noise of the crowd. They could believe this turn of events no better than she.

"Hey," she started, turning her eyes down to meet those of the young man whose strange white eyes hadn't settled only anything, just glancing around in a dazed state. His eyes sharpened, landing on Shayla when she stepped closer again, the mask hid behind her back. Whatever affect it had on the young man, she didn't want it to start up again. "Who are you?" Through the added shouts that could only mean that the guards closed in on them, she watched the young man open and close his mouth before finally speaking.

"I..." He shifted, trying to pull himself to his feet, but failed. With a small huff, he dropped his hands into his lap and just continued to stare. "I don't know. Where am I?"

Before Shayla could really gasp out an answer, the city guard finally reached their location and started to surround the little group which seemed to include a dark haired man she hadn't noticed stepped closer until now. Had he come to help or was he associated with the city guard? She met his eyes for a second, wondering what he thought of all of this.

One of the guardsmen started to nudge them all back with an arm. "We've got it from here. I need you all to sit by the fountain so we can take statements. We'll take this...creature into custody." For a second, the guard's face clouded with contempt before he schooled it away again, waving his arm toward the large fountain they stood near, indicating that they should wait as if they hadn't been the ones to 'save the day'. Shayla just shrugged though and went with it. However, she did keep the mask with her, at least until she knew what the fuck had just happened.