View Single Post
Tancileena
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-02-2012, 11:17 AM

The way I see it, unless the creator can explain why it has to be strictly hetero pairings, and can give valid reasons other than "um homo pairings make me feel all icky inside", then I won't join. Since Mene has a strict no sex rule, save for cut scenes, then there isn't really a huge problem. You're not going to be forced to read a sex scene, so why bother with the sexuality rule if there won't be any sex anyways? The furthest it would go is some heavy kissing and that's it.
As someone openly bisexual, I understand how much it stings when people try and tell me what they think my sexuality should be. I don't godmode theirs, why do that to me? Especially in a game where it isn't even real anyways.

If you want to be a gay pirate with one eye, a peg leg, and a penchant for dressing in ladies lingerie at night and line dancing on table tops, then more power to you. I'm sure your character would rock that outfit so hard. Who am I to tell you you can't? If you do not want people forcing a set sexuality on you, then do not do the same thing to them. In my opinion, it is rude and quite frankly, disrespectful. It is expecting them to conform to your idea of a normal sexuality/pairing and it also removes a great deal of possible character development and even some damn good romance. Some of the best RPs I've read have been x/x or y/y, because it brings on a whole new dimension of plot possibilities.

Just my two cents, and Quantum Angel: I agree with you 1000% :)