View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-20-2016, 12:48 AM

Luke frowned when Myriam mentioned the note. What had it said? Something about him thinking... Oh god. He groaned and covered his eyes. "I'm going to kill her." He muttered, wondering why it had taken him so long to do so anyways. She knew he was not interested in... in girls. Or boys, as she even dared to try once. It wasn't the first time, most recently it had been a girl from her art class, who could control plants. It hadn't gone well, he was awkward and bad at conversation, and she hated french fries, a huge deal breaker for him. "I'm sorry, she shouldn't have tried to... I mean, it's not that I don't... I just..." How could he explain himself? It wasn't anything against her, she seemed nice enough, he was just so bad at all of this.

Perhaps it was all the shuffling around as a child that made it difficult for him to form an attachment, where as Leila felt the opposite, able to attached herself to just about anything. He always wondered how they ended up so different, Leila said it was because he was the stern, older brother, but he was only three minutes older, so age shouldn't have much to do with it. As a child he always wanted to watch out for her, despite them being twins, she was smaller, even now she wasn't very tall, one of the shortest in the school at her age. Not that she let that stop her.

Further explanations and musings were cut off when she gave him permission to touch the tentacles. Could he really do it? It seemed rude to do, plus he barely knew her. Yet he was curious, books were nice, even better when they had pictures, but the real thing... He put the tray aside and awkwardly scooted closer to her, not too close though. She would probably never want to talk to him against after this, yet he reached his hand out, his fingers just barely touching one of the tentacles. It was cool and wet to the touch, he wasn't sure what he had expected, perhaps slimy and gross, but it wasn't. "What exactly are you?" He asked, too intrigued to realise just how rude he was being.