View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-10-2015, 08:16 AM

Malum stretched only a bit as he tried to shake off some lingering remnants of sleep, rubbing absently at the side of his neck. "I need to wake up, anyway. There are some things I need to take care of before I can get too comfortable." He wasn't expecting Robert to go rummaging around for something--ever-curious, he craned his neck in an attempt to see exactly what he was doing. He had always been a curious person, sometimes digging up unpleasant things that people tried their hardest to hide from others. It was great in an academic sense...but one day, that curiosity of his might land him in a difficult spot.

The brunette hummed under his breath as the packet was offered to him. He took it a moment later, immediately turning the page to study the map. Because he was so focused on the complex map--he didn't even blink--it didn't seem like he was really listening to his roommate speak...but oh, he was. There wasn't much that Malum missed, even when he wasn't listening closely. His parents refused to pay for most of his school fees...so he couldn't pay his way into this school. He had to work for it. There was a reason the staff was already fawning over him.

For about a minute and a half, Malum was silent, eyes wide and expressive as he scrutinized the map. And then...he flipped the page, clicking his tongue. "Well. I've got that memorized." ...Memorized? Already? It didn't take him very long to read the rest of the packet--he turned pages rapidly. He apparently could read faster than the vast majority of people. After about another minute, Malum hummed to himself again, flipping the packet closed. He held it back out toward Robert. "Thank you. I have it all memorized, now. You may have it back."

Was his memory really that sharp...? Maybe there was some truth those rumors floating around the school--that a new student was arriving, and he was apparently a super-genius of some kind.