View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 11-10-2015, 12:09 AM

Joanna chuckled at Leanna's eagerness. It was quite pleasant to be working with a child again, Joanna was rather fond of Leanna already. After all, Joanna also wanted to hurry and finish breakfast. She politely picked up her napkin and gently dabbed the corners of her mouth, but when she turned to Mr. Barrons to poke fun at him for being such a sourpuss and working all the time, he'd abruptly stood and left the room.

It rubbed Joanna the wrong way. She'd thought, surely she was getting to him, maybe to melt that chilly disposition of his. She was a little proud that she even got to see a smile from him, but... She couldn't help but feel like she wanted more from him. Joanna wanted to eventually get him, her and Leanna playing together. To give Leanna a good sense of family that it seemed she was lacking currently. Joanna only turned to Leanna and smiled, trying not to let her mind's wandering become evident on her face.

"Well..." Joanna began. "I guess we can go outside now!" Joanna stood from where she was sitting at the table. "I'll grab my coat and we can be on our way! Mrs. Browne!" Joanna called, she wasn't sure how the bell system worked yet... And she really didn't feel like ringing it to summon Mrs. Browne. "Mrs. Browne! Leanna and I are going outside now!"