Thread: The Artifice
View Single Post
keysburger
Like a Cheeseburger but not

Old 12-01-2011, 06:31 AM

Mike is not a superstitious guy. However, is it really superstitious to believe what you are sure you just heard inside your head? Mike noticed out of the corner of his eye that while the voice played inside his head, everyone seemed to not go about their business, except for the lady bartender.

"Yes, I'm new. Tonight's my first night. My shift doesn't start until midnight but I came in early to get a handle on things. Alex has been showing me the ropes..." Mike had met Alex before. It took about five to ten seconds talking to him in the past to figure out the man was a devil dog. Mike had heard rumors of PTSD or at least repressed memories. That kind of stuff was unfortunately not unknown or even uncommon, but Mike could tell he had a good head on his shoulders.

"You alright?" she said in her soft voice. He scanned her facial features. He could tell she had some deep feelings inside of her that in normal situations would have prevented her form being so open.

"I'm all right, just a little spill." Putting the peices together, it seemed like his initial suspicion that she heard the voice as well was correct. An idea bubbled inside his head. How would he put this, without it sounding like some crazy pick up line? Mike was never known for discretion but he thought this needed at least a little, seeing as he didn't want to end up in a mental institution, or worse, kicked out of his favorite bar. He took a pen out of his pocket and wrote a message on a notepad he used for work.

This may sound crazy, but if you heard a voice in your head tonight telling you that this is a game, you are not crazy. I heard it too, and I think we need to talk. I'm going to go to the head. When I come back, if you want to talk, ask me if I want another Hulk. If not, sell me a domestic beer.

Mike tore off the sheet from his pocket notepad and folded it into a paper crane. He then placed it on the bar and went to the head (restroom). On his way there, he passed by Alex, and gave him a nod. As he entered the restroom, a shocking sight lay before him. The walls were covered in blood! Didn't even have enough time to gasp, when suddenly he was extremely sick, and vomiting in the toilet. When he picked his head up, the walls were no longer covered in blood, there was just a man looking at him with that oh, someone had too much to drink look on his face. What the frak is going on?!!!