View Single Post
Lise
NPC
NPC

Old 10-27-2010, 03:25 AM

Rules:
  • All stories must be inside a "spoiler" bar. ([hide]Your story here[/hide])
  • All submissions must use the provided form.
  • Your entry must be written for this contest. You may not "recycle" an old story.
  • You may not submit someone else's work. This is plagiarism and is strictly against Menewsha's rules.
  • Your submission may not be longer than 2,000 words. (You can check your word count here)
  • Your entry must be about or include one or more of the following: A haunting, trick or treating, a curse, and/or a ghost ship.
  • Your entry must include the phrase "I felt something wrap around my arm" You may substitute "I" with the pronoun or name of your choice, and may likewise replace "my" with a more appropriate word (Ex: "Mercutio felt something wrap around his arm"). Your story will not be accepted if you do not use this sentence.
  • You may only submit one story.
  • You may submit on either your main account or your mule account, but you may not submit on both.
  • Do not give critiques on other people's works unless they have asked for it. If you wish to post your story for feedback before officially submitting it, please do so in quote tags.

Guidelines:
  • Do your absolute best to write correctly. This means that you should use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I will not ignore your entry if there is a misplaced comma, but a submission riddled with distracting errors is very unlikely to win.
  • Be creative. The more interesting your story is, the more likely it is to win. Cliched characters or storylines will not win me over.
  • Your story does not need to be scary, and may have a happy ending (or be happy overall, for that matter) if you wish. Unleash your creativity completely and write the story you wish to write - within the rules of the competition, of course.
  • Please read the rules carefully and double check your story before submitting it. If you make a small error (such as forgetting to use the form or the hide tags), I will give you a chance to fix it. In the case of plagiarism or attempting to recycle an old story of yours, you will not receive a second chance.

Submission Form:
HTML Code:
[size=5][b]I have written you a story![/b][/size]
Username:
Preferred Participation Prize: (please pick a halloween goodie bag from Treat's Halloween Rares Shop)
Title: (you may leave this blank or write "Untitled" if your story has no title)
Submission:
[hide]Place your story here[/hide]
Final notes: (such as what inspired you, something you want to say regarding your piece, etc. Keep it brief, I've already read one story by you.)

Last edited by Lise; 10-31-2010 at 10:37 PM..