View Single Post
Naruto forever
I lied. I'm like 200% gay

Old 01-31-2014, 05:37 AM

Amir's eyes widened as one of the soldiers stopped the other from killing the young boy. He felt the familiar sense of slight protectiveness come over, and he pushed the younger boy slightly behind him. The two soldiers were having quite a spat--something that rarely ever happened. He felt everyone around stop working momentarily, looking at the yelling soldier in wonder, before turning back to their jobs. Amir kept his position in front of the younger boy, just as a precaution. It wasn't until the first soldier offered the young boy water that Amir realized there was nothing to be worried over. He normally wasn't protective over anything, though it really did help that the young boy looked and acted a lot like his own brother.

He watched as the boy drank the water from the soldier hungrily, and felt himself wonder about that soldier. He was odd. Normally no one would feel sorry for the "inhuman" beings, like themselves. Or care if they died at least. Giving his head a slight shake, he gripped the shovel again, and began to dig, not bothering to keep an eye on the boy any longer. He was fine, or at least, as fine as one could be.

As he dug, Amir kept his ears open, listening into the conversation of the soldier and another soldier. He couldn't really tell if he liked the soldier or not. It seemed as though he were kind enough...but also that he was only kind because it was in favour to him. It would help him. Definitely a strategical thinker. He quickly focused back on his job, not really wanting to think of anything else. Of all things that they were forced to do at the camp, thinking was the most tiring, and dangerous. Too much thinking could make a person go insane, or make them too desperate. And if a person got too deep in thought, they could easily get side tracked from their labour. It always took so much energy too. Just thinking. Amir wasn't sure why, but it did.

At the sight of the other prisoners walking towards troughs of water, Amir dropped his shovel lightly, and lined up as well. It was a slow process; a painfully slow one. Soon enough though, he reached the water. In a rather greedy fashion, he slurped the water, loving the feeling of the coldness going down his throat. He took a few steps away from it when he had had his share, not wanting to be shoved by any of the other inmates. Before he got back to his work though, he stopped in front of the soldier who had gotten the young boy water before.

"Thank you," Amir muttered, bowing his head slightly. He himself wasn't even completely sure what he was thanking the soldier for. Though the nagging at the back of his mind told him that it was because he saved the young boy. Amir really couldn't get rid of the protectiveness that he instinctively had. After all, having a younger--rather useless--brother tended to do that to a person. Without another word, he walked back to his original spot, picking up his shovel. The young boy was beside him once more, and looked up at Amir, as if wanting to say something, but Amir beat him to it. "You remind me of someone I really care about," he sighed, ruffling the kid's hair. Nodding, the kid turned back to his work, and Amir did the same.

((I feel like this post is really bad, and like I should read it over, but I'm gonna be lazy right now. >.>; Anyways, sorry for the long wait and the bad post ^^; ))