View Single Post
Lexadis
(ο・㉨・ο)
Penpal

Old 03-02-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Which art programs do you use? Which don't you like? Why?
I use Adobe Photoshop CS3 and MS Paint, currently. I like them because they are... Most easy to use. I have used GIMP, Paint tool SAI and many other programs. I did not like SAI because I found it's interface difficult, and I stopped using GIMP because it took forever to load. But it was a good program, one which I stuck around for a long time (until I got PS that is)

Quote:
What are the pros and cons of each of them?
Pros: Ms Paint - the fact that it is so easy to create pixels, and use it to crop/do simple edits is what I love about it.
Photoshop - it has great tools and a lot of features, and you have a lot of tutorials on that too ^^

Quote:
What do you use to mimic traditional styles? Pixel? CG in general?
I don't mimic traditional styles, because I'm not good at it. I pixel and CG in their respective styles ^^

Quote:
What are some techniques or tricks you use?
Hmm...
- Always remember to save. Because if it is deleted by any chance then you won't feel like drawing all that heavy work all over again.
- I use a soft shade at the beginning for hair,without drawing individuals because I'm not good at it.
- The color changing trick on Ms Paint, to experiment with different colors and to see what suits best.
- I.. Forgot