View Single Post
Risque
bing chilling

Old 01-28-2019, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
Pffft!
I'd say do an event hangout, buuut there's not gonna be any events until Valentines' sooooo
Yeah true true. I just thought I would take a stab at motivating people to post outside of events. Time goes by sooo fast though, we're closer now to Valentines Day even though it feels like New Years just happened. Just a few more weeks of slow forum activity..

I thought about something like a sticker book. Like if people post in X number of forums each day/week then they can get some cool items. But my pockets are not deep enough to sustain that for a long period of time. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
I usually make my own juice, or drink a cold-pressed juice. But the only issue with the cold-pressed juice is that (I think?) they pasteurize it, so it's not as healthy as a fresh juice. :(

I don't mind non-processed foods. :D

Personally, I *like* soy milk. It's not as healthy as some other milk substitutes though. But that's only if you drink soy milk in excess. I am not a fan of plain soy milk, if I drink soy milk I like vanilla or chocolate. But then there's the problem of added sugar. :( In my smoothies and cereal, I use almond milk. Unsweetened and unflavored and it's perfect! I also use unsweetened and unflavored coconut milk in smoothies. :) It's tasty! I would definitely recommend almond milk for cereal. I also use almond milk in vegan recipes like... Vegan "Mac and cheese". Some people say that almond milk is good in tea. I don't agree with this. I think oat milk is the best in tea because it's kind of sweet like cow milk, but not as thin and watery as almond milk.

If the packaged kinds have too much sugar, or chemicals, you can always make your own almond milk. :D I used to do that before we moved. It's way more delicious than any box of milk.
The tricky thing with juice is that you also want to retain most of the pulp since you want a good ratio of fiber to sugar, I think. Lots of store-bought juices (even the pulpy ones) just don't do it for me.

I'm so glad alternative milks are getting so popular. There are so many different uses for them. I totally agree with you in that soy milk just isn't that great for cereal while almond pairs amazingly well. I'm still used to coconut milk for cooking but that's just my exposure from eating at Thai Restaurants.

Hmm... milk in tea. I LOVE milk tea but I think most of the boba places use a powdered non-dairy creamer for their milk teas. There's no real store-bought equivalent of that. Any clues?

Will definitely look out for some oat milk though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Oh man I wish I had seen the post contest sooner
It's okay. I think I might have to cancel it anyways.