Thread: "Transracial"?
View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 11-04-2017, 02:44 AM

I don't know how I feel about transracial people...

I mean, at first, I feel offended, being biracial myself, but lately, people have been challenging me with, "If you're not mad at transgender people, why be mad at transracial people?"

It made me think really long and hard. People who use injections to make their skin darker or who wear wigs and get perms to make their hair curly... I mean, is that not the same as someone going under the knife for gender reassignment?

I am offended when someone claims they are black, when they were born white, to be offensive when they believe it's only for cosmetic purposes. I get offended when people appropriate black culture because it's "exotic" and "cool" without doing their research and learning about black history first.

I don't get mad when people want to be black. I think being black is cool and I wouldn't change my ethnicity for anything. I think it's great that other people want to be black too. But, being black is so much more than just a skin color or a hairstyle. It's more than just a title. I would hope that anyone who does decide that they want to be black understands that.